icon

Sony X-plode

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
flynntech 
Copper - Posts: 275
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 24, 2004 at 6:04 PM / IP Logged  

You have a point, I've seen many cheapo stereo systems sound incredible. I've shopped at parts express and used vintage gear, sound is sound and no company really owns that market.

I was thinking about that ribbon connection too, I know what you are talking about. I'll be finding out what exactly is going on.  I always take care of my customers, so I'm looking forward to putting my stamp of approval on this job.

Thanks, for the advice Xploder. Although I wasn't designing boxes or wiring subs, I understand what you mean.

My problem with Sony X-plode is that it will malfunction whether it is connected right or not. Maybee I'm biased because I'm used to more rugged equipment like mil-spec and industrial grade electronics....With Sony X-plode it's like walking on eggshells.

Like I said, I just ran out of time and I was pissed that I had to leave something like that. I did about $2000 worth of repairs and cals on LASER measurement equipment today, so I'm not that bad of a tech. If I was, I probably wouldn't have a job. 

flynntech 
Copper - Posts: 275
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 29, 2004 at 5:19 PM / IP Logged  

Ok....the update as promised...

The amp, XM-460GTX, is NFG.  What was happening was this: connect RCA inputs to front or rear channel and the sound would come through all four channels very distorted!  Solution....remove amp, recomend to have fixed under warranty.

Check engine light, not on anymore.

CD player, works....but not with RCA out...? Any ways, it all works and it's wired back to the speakers and it sounds much better than that amp did!

The genius who installed the HU at Fry's in CA used crimps and charged this guy for a harness....even though there was no harness in there! I noticed the ACC crimp was hanging by three strands of copper and it broke right off. I cut all of those crimps out and soldered every one......upon doing this, I noticed that the rear channels were wired to the wrong polarity. Any reason for this, I wondered, no none at all. Everything is in phase and working just fine.

I still think sony X-plode is complete garbage.

/r7 
Silver - Posts: 340
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 30, 2004 at 12:07 AM / IP Logged  
[quote] if they were sh*t why the hell was the playstation so popular?[/quote]
i know what your saying, but Sony is more corp in the car audio, than quality. they will sell you that product not based on quality, but through some kind of marketing of that product. they are a reputible company because of the PSX PS2 and its home entertainment systems, so it has some respect on its shoulders, and people will buy that product over a jennsen or RCA or products like that because they think they are a quality name, making sony look even better. this isnt to say everyone believes this theory but it happens. playstation though, had a leg up because 1) timing of the release was perfect 2) Nintendo, at the time was not going with the CD format everyone else was, and making the cartridges was more expensive for companies and the amount of data had to be constently extended with mod additions, enhancements to the cartridges, creating alot of hassle when a developer like Squaresoft, could not do their CG scenes, and the format would have to be ported quite drastically to accomodate the N64. so sony had a real gem on their hands, the PS was a hit.
Page of 3

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic