in the door wire color for 91 F250

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
equium 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: August 23, 2004 at 2:47 PM / IP Logged  

hey all,

i just put a set of 6.5 inch jensens in the doors of my 1991 F250.  i re-used the factory wires in the door. i'm a little worried about my polarity choice with the colors. 

the right door had black and white wires, the left door had black and orange.

i assumed that black was the GROUND (-) and the white and orange were the positive (+).

did i assume correct? anyone run into this?  i don't have an expert ear to tell if one is out of phase or not.

thanks

insanity 
Copper - Posts: 52
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 23, 2004 at 3:18 PM / IP Logged  
yep ur cool... worst case if you run into this problem, balance to one side or the other.. if it sounds better when all on one side then it may be out of phase
dangerranger96 
Copper - Posts: 163
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
equium 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: August 23, 2004 at 3:51 PM / IP Logged  
wow, that was sure a fast response.  thanks for the links.  i used the factory wire harness kit i bought at a wally mart that worked fine.  everywhere i looked didn't have the actual colors INSIDE the doors.  i guess it would have been too much to ask of ford to leave the wire colors the same.  thanks again.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic