icon

Adding a sub to a factory system

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Marshallmadman 
Member - Posts: 19
Member spacespace
Posted: August 25, 2004 at 7:10 PM / IP Logged  
    I just bought a 2004 Ford F 150 Regular cab truck. This year they went to a 4 door system, even on the regular cab trucks. I have a foot of space behind both seats and all the way across. I was thinking of going with two 10's in a sealed enclosure (nothing too radical), but I want to retain the factory deck, and speakers. I've never done something like this before (always dealt with complete, real systems), so I'm  wondering what you guys suggest as far as signal processing to jump from the speaker level inputs prior to amplification and crossover. I was thinking an Epicenter would be a good idea to recover any lost bass frequencies. I know that the mids and highs aren't going to be everything I want, but I want the bass to be done right so at least I'm not disappointed with that part. Any help is greatly appreciated.
I'm just a regular guy. I don't know why all the fuss about me....
xavierny25 
Member - Posts: 24
Member spacespace
Posted: August 25, 2004 at 7:53 PM / IP Logged  

I just did an install like this to 2005 chrysler 300 its not all that hard or to do all u will need is a loc(line output converter)i will give u a line at the end of this post for that part.Anyway all u have to do is tap into the nearst speaker intall the loc run ur power & ground wires to where ever u are going to put the amp.u can get ur remote wire from the factory head unit run that to the amp as well.connect all that to the amp.and dont forget to connect the rca s from the loc to the amp and that just about covers it have fun.

Francious70 
Silver - Posts: 629
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 26, 2004 at 12:38 PM / IP Logged  
This is what you need
The hookups are self-explanatory.
Paul
Marshallmadman 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 26, 2004 at 3:54 PM / IP Logged  
    Thanks for all the help, guys. I am very familiar with line level converters, and all that stuff. I was looking more for opinions on maximizing the quality of bass that I'm getting, and recovery of lost bass frequencies. I am thinking that I will be losing some of the lower octaves by going this way, so I was more looking for recommendations on signal processing (Epicenter/Equilizers, Etc.). I hope that's a little more specific....
forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 26, 2004 at 5:04 PM / IP Logged  

Good choice on the Audio Control gear. Have a look at the new LC6 from them. www.audiocontrol.com It would fit your system to a tee, especially if you plan on doing any further upgrading. The LC6 is a line level interface + 6 channel line driver + sub level controller. Then pass the signal to the Epicenter and onto your amp of choice. Great way to go to retain as much of the original signal as possible.

Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
Marshallmadman 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 26, 2004 at 6:05 PM / IP Logged  
forbidden wrote:

Good choice on the Audio Control gear. Have a look at the new LC6 from them. www.audiocontrol.com It would fit your system to a tee, especially if you plan on doing any further upgrading. The LC6 is a line level interface + 6 channel line driver + sub level controller. Then pass the signal to the Epicenter and onto your amp of choice. Great way to go to retain as much of the original signal as possible.

Good job! Thanks for that info. It looks like not only just what I need, but what everyone else that wants a high performance line level converter needs. I don't think I would even attempt this install without it. Not only does it have all the features you listed, it also senses voltage, and provides you with a remote turn on dock for your amplifier(s).  I love AudioControl gear. Don't tell them I said this, but I think their prices are a steal for what you end up getting....

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic