icon

Compustar 1WFM

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
saleen49 
Copper - Posts: 99
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 07, 2004 at 12:16 PM / IP Logged  
 I finished installing a Compustar 1WFM remote start/alarm yesterday on a 93 Mustang 5.0 5 speed, was showing a buddy that stopped over how it worked with a manual trans and everything worked just as advertised, but now the car will not remote start or go into continuous run mode, alarm works and i can put it into reserve mode, pull keys out and exit car, shut door and motor stops, but when i hit start button for 2 seconds siren chirps once but thats it, no cranking or fuel pump turn on, worked great yesterday though, any help would be appreciated
silvercivicsir 
Copper - Posts: 400
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 08, 2004 at 4:14 PM / IP Logged  

did you hook up the Park brake wire ? when you pull it up it,  you should hear the relays CLick..

saleen49 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 09, 2004 at 2:30 PM / IP Logged  
 yes sir, brake wire is hooked up, now yesterday it remote started most of the time i tried it, but not everytime,
silvercivicsir 
Copper - Posts: 400
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 09, 2004 at 4:19 PM / IP Logged  

if that is the Case, i say it's the hood pin.. My first compustar was like that.. worked fine in the garage, however  when the car moved a bit the hood pin wasn't touching correctly and caused me days of grief.. try this simple test un hook the contact for the hood pin and see if it remote starts of the next day or two..

Just my two cents.

xtremeaudio 
Copper - Posts: 174
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 09, 2004 at 9:25 PM / IP Logged  
try hood pin
saleen49 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 10, 2004 at 1:09 PM / IP Logged  
 I'm not using a hood pin as it is a manual trans, won't start unless in bypass mode, and i do all my own service on the car, alarm and keyless entry work all the time, I exit the car in reservation mode every day when i arrive at work, car will sometimes start, others the alarm will chirp one time but no start, starting to wish i didn't go with compustar as they don't seem to catre to the shade tree installer,
profuse007 
Gold - Posts: 2,015
Gold spacespace
Posted: September 10, 2004 at 1:18 PM / IP Logged  
check starter wire, see if its on the key side (should be on starter side) of the starter kill relay
Houston,TX
"The two most common elements in the universe are H+ and stupidity" (Ellison).
saleen49 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 11, 2004 at 9:54 AM / IP Logged  
 starter wires are good as it will start half of the time,
profuse007 
Gold - Posts: 2,015
Gold spacespace
Posted: September 11, 2004 at 11:27 AM / IP Logged  
try to put it on reservation mode again and try to remote start w/ hood, door, trunk closed and you out of the car.
are you trying to RS w/o setting the reseveration mode for every RS?
1 reserve mode = 1 RS
the compustar may not state that but thats how the 2wss-as that i putted on a friend's car seems to work that way.
Houston,TX
"The two most common elements in the universe are H+ and stupidity" (Ellison).
saleen49 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 11, 2004 at 11:41 AM / IP Logged  
 Every afternoon when i get to work i pull into my parking spot, remove foot from brake and then pull parking brake lever, remove key from ignition and motor always stays on until i exit and close the door, door pin kills the motor and i go into work, at the end of my shift when i get close to the car i hold the key/stop button for 2 seconds and hear the one chirp from unit, somenights she fires and sometimes nothing but i always get a chirp,
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic