icon

Rostra cruise contol

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
gulfman 
Member - Posts: 15
Member spacespace
Posted: September 10, 2004 at 1:53 PM / IP Logged  
Hello All.............wondering if someone can help me out. I am wanting to use the factory GM cruise lever off a 1986 chev caprice, to operate a rostra cruise system. Both are 4 wire leads and same colors but system does not work matching up the colors. Has someone done this change?? will it work and what would the color connections be??? thank you for your time......Gulf
sparkie 
Platinum - Posts: 2,061
Platinum spacespace
Posted: September 10, 2004 at 4:26 PM / IP Logged  
It can be done. You must set the Rostra cruise for an open circuit cruise lever. Most of their cruises have dip switches to set for this. You need to determine the switches wire combinations for power in and out, set and resume. The Rostra yellow wire should go to the gray/black wire (resume); the Rostra green wire to the blue wire (set); the Rostra inner red (NOT on outside of 4 pin plug) to the gray wire; and the other Rostra red wire (on outside of 4 pin plug) goes to the remaining wire (may be yellow, pink or brown).
sparky
gulfman 
Member - Posts: 15
Member spacespace
Posted: September 10, 2004 at 6:22 PM / IP Logged  
Hey thanks for your reply sparkie. this cruise is approx 12 years old before the dip switches (I think) i believe similar to the hayes/dana systems that rostra took over. There is a four wire plug for the rostra cruise switch and also four wire from the factory GM cruise lever. I just may have to get wiring diagrams for both and compare which wire does what for each system.................Thanks   GULF
sparkie 
Platinum - Posts: 2,061
Platinum spacespace
Posted: September 13, 2004 at 3:57 PM / IP Logged  
Depending on how old the cruise is, it must be able to use either a closed or open circuit switch. The real old ones won't work as they only worked with a closed type switch. Check inside the unit behind the wiring cover cap for dip switches. If it has 10 of them, turn #7 to off.
sparky

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic