car off, still drawing power?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Teken 
Gold - Posts: 1,492
Gold spacespace
Posted: September 15, 2004 at 11:27 PM / IP Logged  
Ravendarat wrote:
Before you get a new battery get the damn thing tested, like someone else said most parts source or other automotive shops can and will test the battery and altenator for free so utilize it. Why spend a couple hundred bucks on a battery when its the altenator that could be screwed.
This is the only sound advice I have read thus far, other than from Forbidden.
People are simply guessing, or relying on part knowledge of how to trouble shoot this.
An AVR test using a Midtronics tool, along with a Avalanch diode check will tell you 100% as to the current state of your electrical system.
There will not be any guessing as to what part is dead, failing or faulty.
Get it done, and move on . . . Otherwise you are wasting your time, and precious money that I am sure you do not have .
The End . . .
EVIL Teken . . .
Teken 
Gold spacespace
Posted: September 15, 2004 at 11:36 PM / IP Logged  
/R7 wrote:
and using a tester light (screw driver/light tool), no draw was being shown while the hood was down, pulling the hood up caused a draw, thats another thing he did.
That would not tell you the current draw, that would simply tell you that there is voltage being dropped.
A DMM is required to measure the parasitic load current being drawn down, a test light cannot tell you this with any numerical value to have reference to.
Just because the light comes on or off, does this tell you how much voltage / current is being consumed / dropped??
EVIL Teken . . .
Alpine Guy 
Platinum - Posts: 2,478
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 16, 2004 at 11:36 PM / IP Logged  
wow, , just rippen it up eh
2003 Chevy Avalanche,Eclipse CD7000,Morel Elate 5,Adire Extremis,Alpine PDX-4.150, 15" TC-3000, 2 Alpine PDX-1.1000, 470Amp HO Alt.
/r7 
Silver - Posts: 340
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 17, 2004 at 1:44 AM / IP Logged  
teken before you jump all over me, i simply said we used it to test if current was still being drained he wanted to know if a ground was elsewhere, or something, im no mechanic but it helped him in some way. the amount or value it held was not important, hence the use of the light, we could have simply used either one of our dmms to figure what we needed. im not saying your incorrect, but your feeling to rip at me was no more important than the self written signature "EVIL Teken . . ."
kool
Teken 
Gold spacespace
Posted: September 17, 2004 at 4:33 PM / IP Logged  
/R7 wrote:
teken before you jump all over me
I was not jumping on you or anyone for that matter, if that came across that way I apologise.
/R7 wrote:
but your feeling to rip at me was no more important than the self written signature "EVIL Teken . . ."
This is my call sign . . . It has been so, for over 25 years on almost all the forums I am a member, or moderator.
The bottom line is this, if I see information that is not accurate, I will take the time to address it, and clarify it for all members.
That is the whole point of this forum, to besotowe the facts, and not half truths, or misinformation.
Unlike others, I do not take anything on any forum personaly.
Why??? Because they *people* have no direct affect on me in the real world. That is what everyone should remember.
End Of story
EVIL Teken . . .
thapimpfromchi 
Silver - Posts: 616
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 17, 2004 at 7:00 PM / IP Logged  
hey teken, i dunno if its a typo or im just dumb, but what on earth is "besotowe"???
1990 Honda Civic HB:
Clarion DXZ545MP H.U.
2- 6.5" Power Acoustik interiors
Diamond Audio 600.1 amp
Diamond Audio 15" M6MKII
Pyramid PB881X 4 CH. Amp
Page of 4

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic