icon

best overall sub

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
94legend 
Silver - Posts: 237
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 21, 2004 at 3:44 PM / IP Logged  

Like everyone is saying here we go again. There's always a question that is brought up about which competitive subwoofers / speakers will produce the best  Sound Quality, Sound Pressure Level.  We cannot provide any right answers for you in this questions, but we can help you decide which brand / enclosure to choose from if you can just, just provide a specific one that you are seeking. 

kfr01 
Gold - Posts: 2,121
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 21, 2004 at 5:44 PM / IP Logged  

I think we need a recommendation post guideline sticky.  Something like:

1)   Post your price range

2)   Post your system goals
3)   Post what you will be powering it with or what you will be powering
4)   Post installation location for mids / highs
5)   Post your musical tastes
6)   Pick a few items you were debating between or considering
In other words, don't ask generic questions like, "which one is better."  Help us help you and give us some guidelines to operate in. 

New Project: 2003 Pathfinder
/r7 
Silver - Posts: 340
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 21, 2004 at 6:36 PM / IP Logged  
well put kfr, i had attempted a post @ lunch which basically exampled what you posted, for him to help us more, fortunately (cus your post sounds better than mine did) the forum had me logged off, minutes after i posted a previous message in a thread.
i agree a sticky would be great
boxmaker85 
Silver - Posts: 433
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 21, 2004 at 8:01 PM / IP Logged  

heavilymedicate  Yeah the 13w7 is WAY WAY WAY louder than the 12w7.  Heard both and a sub that handles 250 watts more power will sound louder.  It also sounds just as good if not beter.  I'll give you 10 cent and say that that sub w/ that amp or another comparable one will dominate many peoples systems.  i think you'll agree right?   best overall sub - Page 2 -- posted image.

boxmaker85 
Silver - Posts: 433
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 21, 2004 at 8:15 PM / IP Logged  

BTW just kiddin chevymetal. it was ment for all the ford people.  yeah there are some pretty crappy chevys out there, but...

stevdart 
Platinum - Posts: 5,816
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: September 21, 2004 at 9:12 PM / IP Logged  
kfr01 wrote:

I think we need a recommendation post guideline sticky.

Stickies suck.  Then they disappear.  How 'bout Forum Rules and Guidelines, already found stickied and locked at the top of the page?  With items like:

Be Descriptive and Specific Use a descriptive topic subject and be as specific as possible in your message. Providing more information makes it easier to help you. This will also make searching for similar topics and problems quicker and easier for all members. Try to include year, make and model of vehicle, any relevant model numbers, and the nature of your problem or project in detail.

Other than that, if the thread starter is an actual participant...the info relevant to the case will be revealed.  I just quit on them if they're not listening.
Build the box so that it performs well in the worst case scenario and, in return, it will reward you at all times.
kfr01 
Gold - Posts: 2,121
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 21, 2004 at 11:50 PM / IP Logged  
Good point.  Listen to stevdart and follow the forum rules. :-)
New Project: 2003 Pathfinder
heavilymedicate 
Silver - Posts: 328
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 22, 2004 at 1:13 AM / IP Logged  

I hear ya Boxmaker.

Ok, um... I wish people would use the search button.  I wish they would read the forum rules.  But I cant think of anything any of us can do  to make people use common sense when using a forum.  I can tell you that the search button works as I have used it several times to solve problems.  That’s the benefit of a very deep forum database with years of how to's and what’s wrong questions.

This is a great site.

Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic