icon

771XV vs 791XV

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
wchavez 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: September 18, 2004 at 2:47 PM / IP Logged  
Kevin's correct, the LED units do communicate one-way and slower but appear to be pretty bulletproof. the software the the brains of the 560 771 791 are all identical and the other benefit is you can program the lesser expensive companion remotes to the LED unit that come with standard DEI units instead the FSK 472 companion remote for the responders.
hagmanti 
Silver - Posts: 304
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 22, 2004 at 12:21 AM / IP Logged  
I'm sure Kevin is correct-- most of the people on this forum know quite a bit more about this stuff than I do.
I took his advice, and went to a few of my nearby authorized DEI dealers. None of them had installed a 771. So I'm still left w/o an answer to my basic question, and am going to try asking one last time.
I find waiting 20 seconds for my alarm to notify me that my car is being broken into completely unacceptable. However, I've never installed (or used) any alarm that _ever_ takes more than 5 or 6 seconds to page (even cheap Code Alarm BS).
Does the DEI 771XV actually (assuming no problems w/ transmission or whatnot), on a regular basis, take more than 10 seconds to page? I realize that there might be a theoretical possibility of it happening, but does that actually happen (say more than 10% of the time) in practice?
Thanks in advance for everyone that's willing to put up w/ my idiocy,
Me
Teken 
Gold - Posts: 1,492
Gold spacespace
Posted: September 22, 2004 at 8:02 AM / IP Logged  
I will redefine this for you. The unit doesn't actually respond to your command slowly. It is however slowly to transmit the information to you, because the power output is below the maximum 4 watts limit, which 95% are.
The 771 is still a excellent unit, and has less possibility for breakage. If its about value, and performance, then the 771 will deliver.
Regards
EVIL Teken . . .
2mchpsi 
Member - Posts: 20
Member spacespace
Posted: September 22, 2004 at 10:03 AM / IP Logged  

[quote]or is it easier to just sit on a stool in front of a monitor and let someone else educate you?[/quote]

Why bother responding at all if you have this attitude. If it gets your panties all in a bunch, then do not respond..sheesh

kgerry 
Platinum - Posts: 3,455
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: September 22, 2004 at 11:38 AM / IP Logged  

maybe i'm just a little thin skinned about people doing all their shopping and buying online.... i personally spend hours some days educating local people here on all the differences between different models and then they take that info and buy on ebay.....  sorry if it seemed like i was PMSing....

as Teken said... the 771 is a nice little unit, i just put one ( Clifford 1.2 ) in my wife's car last weekend

oh, and 2mchpsi, i realize with the whole 9 posts of yours you feel like you're really helping people here, but please dont even begin to criticize the 1100 + times i've offered helpful advice to other people on this forum.....just like the first 4 or 5 times i answered questions in this thread alone.... keep in mind many of us here are professionals, we do this for a living... i personally take an hour out of my day at 60 bucks an hour to answer questions and help people out, people who have no intention of ever buying anything from me.....

Kevin Gerry
Certified Electronics Technician
MECP First Class Installer
Owner/Installer
Classic Car Audio
since 1979
2mchpsi 
Member - Posts: 20
Member spacespace
Posted: September 22, 2004 at 11:47 AM / IP Logged  
Never mentioned I helped anyone here. Never critized your helpful advice. Your 1000+ posts do not give you the right to be a jackass either. I am glad you give out advice, and seem like a good asset to this board. No need for BS drama in here.
kgerry 
Posted: September 24, 2004 at 2:13 PM / IP Logged  

another little pet peeve of mine on the 771 series is that the LED doesnt stay on continuously... so it flashes when you start the vehicle and then goes out... and it flashes and beeps when the unit shuts off... but if you happen to put the remote in your pocket or purse and happen to miss the shutdown beep and then want to check later to see if your car is still running there is no way to know.... if it is still running and you hit it again it shuts the car off....

i like being able to look at the LCD screen and know at a glance if the car is running or not.....

Kevin Gerry
Owner/Installer
Classic Car Audio
since 1979
Teken 
Gold - Posts: 1,492
Gold spacespace
Posted: September 24, 2004 at 4:27 PM / IP Logged  
I would prefer to have longer battery run time, then having to purchase 12 volts batteries every 3 weeks.
Personally, I believe that most owners / users will be more than diligent in observing the LED blink status, as well as being able to view the marker lights as another sign if the vehicle is on-off.
Obviously it doesnt help you if you're not in line of sight. But, there are pro's and con's of both.
Regards
EVIL Teken . . .
kgerry 
Posted: September 25, 2004 at 10:16 AM / IP Logged  

sure there are... and i sell both models and like both.... these are just personal observations for people reading who may be considering one model or another..... this is how i spend my day with customers... i like this, this and this about model A... i like this, this and this about model B, etc.

BTW, these units...both models, take a simple AAA 1.5 volt battery, not 12 volt batteries..... but yes, Teken is right, the LCD remote is a definate battery gobbler.....

Kevin Gerry
Owner/Installer
Classic Car Audio
since 1979
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic