Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
murphy286 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: September 23, 2004 at 11:24 AM / IP Logged  
murphy286 wrote:

Could I reduce that if I use Polyfill? 

I'm sorry, I meant to say could I reduce the size of the box even more it I use Polyfill?

heavilymedicate 
Silver - Posts: 328
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 23, 2004 at 2:35 PM / IP Logged  

Yeah, ive got 3 girls and a boy on the way, I need my seats to Murphy.

No, I would not try to make a smaller box by adding poly fill.  It affects the enclosure in a very small way and the .5 quoted is a absolute minimum box size.  Be sure to subtract the displacement of the woofer when you build the box.  So if the woofer displaces .20 cu ft. then you box would have to be .70 cu ft. to meet your min. requirement.

PA is not known for being a great brand name, but you could do worse.  Id bet you were attracted by the low price for the features they give.  High power handling, small box size.  I would bet that .5 is just a selling point, put on there to compete with the big boys.  I have never heard a FUBR (that i recall) but I have heard other PA stuff and it was all a bit overrated.  Then again it was all cheap so I suppose there is value in there somewhere.

Infinity makes a tight small box sub, the Infinity Kappa Perfect VQ, they had some on sound domain for 150 the other day ( .3 cu ft. min!).  When you go smaller your bass suffers, to compensate I would look into a 12".  I use tens in all my vehicles, but they are all ported.

heavilymedicate 
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 23, 2004 at 2:37 PM / IP Logged  
You could build the box to its min. size and then add polyfill to make it seem slightly bigger.  But no way would I build the box smaller and add poly.
boxmaker85 
Silver - Posts: 433
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 23, 2004 at 7:35 PM / IP Logged  
heavilymedicate  You found the kappa perfect vq on sounddomain.com for HOW MUCH???  Don't you mean $250?  The normal Kappa perfect is 150 but the VQ is $250.  Are you  getting  a discount that the rest of us don't get or something?  lol  (hook me up if you do  subs for durango - Page 2 -- posted image.  )
heavilymedicate 
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 24, 2004 at 12:10 AM / IP Logged  

It was on a "imperfect" 10" and 12" models, I don’t see them anymore.  They had a slight sticker misplacement on the back.  More like a wrinkle in the sticker.  Never the less, nothing that would hinder playback and they all came with a factory warranty.  WooT!

boxmaker85 
Silver - Posts: 433
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 24, 2004 at 6:25 AM / IP Logged  
Dang man.  I saw that like a month ago.  Didn't think to check it out.  A STICKER???  Oh well.
murphy286 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: September 28, 2004 at 7:17 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the info.  I will definitely use it.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic