icon

Cleanest Amp Rack Ever

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
94legend 
Silver - Posts: 237
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 20, 2004 at 2:14 PM / IP Logged  

I was looking around and i would have to say this is the cleanest amp rack installation every. Not a single cord / wire to be unorganized???????/

Cleanest Amp Rack Ever -- posted image.

Chad7n7 
Silver - Posts: 408
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 20, 2004 at 3:13 PM / IP Logged  
Yeah, Thats a great one, Gotta love the "exposed wire" look. And hopefully they carried out the theme throughout the vehicle with wires on top the carpet, The power through the door jam. That would be a real show winning install.
/r7 
Silver - Posts: 340
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 20, 2004 at 3:20 PM / IP Logged  
he does have a point. the installer went as far as rotating the one amp so the RCA's would be together, and the rest of the 'exsposed' wires are on each end, allowing them to be grouped elsewhere, i dont agree that the exsposed wires are appealing, but its tidy at to some degree, if i were to have them on a rack like that' i'd take special care in placement of the wires to give it some sort of creative useage.
otherwise, not a bad rack.
12-volt_guy 
Copper - Posts: 53
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 20, 2004 at 3:39 PM / IP Logged  
We would call that a "Two Six-Packer", because that's probably what the installer drank just prior to doing that mess.
Ravendarat 
Platinum - Posts: 2,806
Platinum spacespace
Posted: September 20, 2004 at 3:50 PM / IP Logged  
Thats disgraceful. Notice that he probally only mounted the one amp upside down to put the RCA's together. I am sure this wasnt done so it looked neater but that it was because the RCA's are splitters running off one patch cable at the top. Nice placement of the Dist Block as well. I am also a huge fan of the remote wire being left long so as to create that " I misplaced my butter knife so I will just bunch the wire up here" effect. Good God
double-secret reverse-osmosis speaker-cone-induced high-level interference distortion, Its a killer
12-volt_guy 
Copper - Posts: 53
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 20, 2004 at 5:10 PM / IP Logged  
No, no...  I'm sure he flipped that amp over because he realized by having the power supply side of the other amp farther away from the input section that he would reduce the possibility of radiated interference.

Ravendarat 
Platinum - Posts: 2,806
Platinum spacespace
Posted: September 20, 2004 at 7:19 PM / IP Logged  

Why do I always over look the most obvious things? Good catch 12volt

double-secret reverse-osmosis speaker-cone-induced high-level interference distortion, Its a killer
Alpine Guy 
Platinum - Posts: 2,478
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 20, 2004 at 8:12 PM / IP Logged  
I find it kinda odd that he used $5 radioshack rca's, , then split them with some $30 worth of stinger splitters lol
2003 Chevy Avalanche,Eclipse CD7000,Morel Elate 5,Adire Extremis,Alpine PDX-4.150, 15" TC-3000, 2 Alpine PDX-1.1000, 470Amp HO Alt.
94legend 
Silver - Posts: 237
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 20, 2004 at 8:33 PM / IP Logged  
I thought that amp rack was the best install ever, check out this website, this guy even made it to the world finals, how better can these "custom" installs be.????
take a look and let me know wutcha think!
http://www.treoonline.com/koski-cavalier.html
Alpine Guy 
Platinum - Posts: 2,478
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 20, 2004 at 8:47 PM / IP Logged  
Man, , if i were that treo engineering company, ,i would burn that pile of american crap to the ground!
2003 Chevy Avalanche,Eclipse CD7000,Morel Elate 5,Adire Extremis,Alpine PDX-4.150, 15" TC-3000, 2 Alpine PDX-1.1000, 470Amp HO Alt.
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic