icon

1 sub vs. 2 subs

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
boxmaker85 
Silver - Posts: 433
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 22, 2004 at 12:28 PM / IP Logged  

i'm pretty sure that you're right wiseguy when you say you only get 3 more db but to get 3 db is like addin atleast half as much power ontop of what you're already puttin in.  so yeah it's not a lot (of sound increasement) but when you look at it it takes a ton more power to add those 3 db.

i'll second heavilymedicate's notion of one quality sub over two lesser ones.  You could hook up ten rockford-fosgate punch z's and put that up against one quality speaker (heavilymed uses JL for the ie.) and I put my car on it that the JL will sound better as far as sql, and probably come close to even with spl. 

Like I said though, you can get those 2 10w6v2's or get a 12w7.  Both run around the same price and both have probably the closest to "best sound" for the price you'll pay.  Oh and the 10w6v2's can be put in one SMALL box.  So box size can be taken into comparison.   Also look at Infinity's Kappa Perfect VQ those can run in like .4 cu ft sealed boxes.

00silverga 
Member - Posts: 20
Member spacespace
Posted: September 23, 2004 at 6:01 PM / IP Logged  

thanks a lot for everyone's help

ill deffinately look into one quality sub, good amp, and great box

and i deffinately that its worth it to sacrafice a little spl for sql

anyone know any good internet sites for really cheap or discounted audio stuff?

forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 23, 2004 at 6:15 PM / IP Logged  
Suer, your local hard working specialty shop that has guys just like us who either work for them or own them. Go find a specialty shop and get a good deal from them, chances are that they are the ones that will point you in the direction that we have just headed you. I get discontinued stuff offered to me all the time from my suppliers, just sold a heavily discounted sub this morning. (and it was not offered on line anywhere)
Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic