icon

Newbie installer gags

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
BoominRolla 
Copper - Posts: 198
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 26, 2004 at 10:33 PM / IP Logged  

The best one i've got taken on was when I was hooking up locks on a 2000ish gmc pick up and the "guy who had been there the longest" was watching me quietly through the passanger rear window and he just happened to have the factory keyless remote on him... and he could see my every move so when he saw me connect the lock wires he started setting the remote into lock and unlock... then I paused to see what was happening and he stopped... Once I would touch the wire with my finger he did it again... He had me going for almost 5 mins I started disconnecting all my connections getting the test light probing until I could hear him giggling I was like "Ohhhhh, its on...."

So a few weeks later my boss brings out a few slices of cheesecake and leaves it on my bench and asks me to share it with the other guys and also leaves his chicken ceasar salad beside the cheesecake... So the guy that took me with the locks come over and is like "Mmmm salad i'm starving!" so he asks who the salads for and I just reply "I Think he (Our Boss)left it for us, he said eat the cheesecake up" so he starts pouring salad dressing all over the salad and goes to town cause its like 1:00 and he hasn't eaten yet and he's just munching away when all the sudden I start laughing slightly, then he thinks for a min, but continues to eat the chicken ceasar salad then just when he has a mouthful of the vegitation sticking out of his face in walks our boss looking around "Ok, did I leave my salad out here???" The guy about pounded me but I got the last laugh... Needless to say I had to buy my boss lunch the next day Newbie installer gags - Page 2 -- posted image.

Asmodeus 
Silver - Posts: 393
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 26, 2004 at 11:20 PM / IP Logged  

The best installer gag I have ever played was onthis one install I had an amp rack that was to come out of the trunk to the rear and display....It was on a pnuematic cylander that was hooked to the Air Bag system that was already in the car....The way the rack worked was it was hinged at the rear of the car and the piston was toward the front of the spare tire well....I hadnt tweeked the valves for the cylanders yet so the piston was tossing the rack up at tremendous speed...

one of the new guys was going to do a fill pannel on the side of the amp rack..And he was putting his tools in the trunk so he could get to work (pencil and some carboard)....I had the remote which operated the cylander and when he would turn his back I was hitting the button and tossing his stuff out at him...Like a catapult...It was noisy in the back so he couldnt hear the air piston actuating...It took him like 10mins to figure out what was going on...He had no idea I had the piston on remote...

He just kept checking the wiring going to the valves for the piston and was going nuts...He would test it by placing the paper and pencil back on the amp rack...I again would wait for him to turn around to actuate..We all were standing at the door laughing our asses off...Never had so much fun with air piston...

Newbie installer gags - Page 2 -- posted image.
Making the World A Louder Place
Ravendarat 
Platinum - Posts: 2,806
Platinum spacespace
Posted: September 27, 2004 at 1:30 AM / IP Logged  
I put a command start in a vehicle for one of my salesman and used a couple relays so that if he had his head lights on and stepped on the brake his horn would honk. So after I did this it turned out to be almost a week before he drove the thing at night time. He was so confused and he came in the next day and asked me what I thought of the problem, not thinking that I could have caused this. He was always a huge pain in my ass and one of those guys who always was trying to get me to do things for free for him so I gave him a list of about a dozen things to try on his car to figure out what was going on. It wasnt until he called honda to make an appointment to get the car looked at that I finally told him and fixed the mysterious "problem" for him he was pissed but I still think it was damn funny.
double-secret reverse-osmosis speaker-cone-induced high-level interference distortion, Its a killer
BoominRolla 
Copper - Posts: 198
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 27, 2004 at 10:10 AM / IP Logged  
We had a kid almost get knocked out for adding a relay in so when our head installer got into his truck and stepped on the brake the horn would go off... I guess it was bad at the time but now we laugh at it...
jeremyjerm 
Member - Posts: 46
Member spacespace
Posted: September 27, 2004 at 10:28 AM / IP Logged  
when i was a newbie they tried to get me to call another shop in town and ask for a "wire stretcher" b/c the wires we were running werent long enough. i sat and thought about it and then kept buggin the manager askin "how does it work? does it flatten the copper? "
thats when i seen him smiling and new it was a con. But we did get another newbie to do it a month later. it was hilarious.   
awilliams64 
Member - Posts: 40
Member spacespace
Posted: September 27, 2004 at 9:42 PM / IP Logged  
this isnt an installer gag but i had a guy today come in and told me he wanted his cd changer moved.  I had put it under the drivers seat for easy access and he said he wanted it moved because he said the laser in the changer would cause him to get cancer of the colon...so i moved it, not sure what he is going to do about the one in the dash!!!
raydawg357 
Silver - Posts: 769
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 28, 2004 at 8:36 AM / IP Logged  

I've wired a mercury switch, 9volt battery and a siren to lid of their tool box so when they open their tool box the siren goes off. 

Do it right the first time
Sexified 
Copper - Posts: 87
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 25, 2004 at 7:55 AM / IP Logged  
a bunch of us decided to play a joke on the "new guy" and duct tape his box to the wall,then the day after that we moved his box outside onto the median between the 2 streets, he was o.k after he got some swearing off his chest but when i came in the next day and found my box built into a giant sub box (even carpeted) i figured payback was a bi%$#h.
oh well all in good fun though.
dxav 
Silver - Posts: 314
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 25, 2004 at 9:54 AM / IP Logged  
One of my favorites, and getting the local hardware stores in on it helps, too.
When welding metal (for anything, really), ask the new guy to get to the hardware store and pick up a "can of sparks". If you know the guys at the stores, have them play in on it. The newbie may figure it out after the 3rd store.
That is funny.
DXAV
94legend 
Silver - Posts: 237
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 25, 2004 at 1:13 PM / IP Logged  

Some times its the reverse, Or i would just ask stupid questions just to annoy the installer or to see if he's really hooking me up.  

Like this one time,  I came in an audio shop. And was looking around. I came across an amp that said 1600 watts. So i asked the sales rep.
"Wow 1600 watts of power, so how much does it really push?"  He kept telling me 1600 watts. I was like ok. Sure.
Then i came accorss a DVC sub, and asked him y is the sub has dual voice coils?
He told me " Those terminals are known as voice coils, that way the sound can travel fastter from the headunit  to the sub, rather than have one SVC."
I was like wow, Ok i'm going to head on out towards the door.
Its amazing how they bull Shhieetz on products just to get you to buy them. But i laugh ! good thing its not me who buys them. ! LOL! 

Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic