icon

Why MonsterCalbes rock

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Rushman 
Silver - Posts: 380
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 01, 2004 at 5:34 PM / IP Logged  
I would hope even Bill Gates isnt so retarded to pay $2,000 for a pair of speaker cables. I dont care how much money you have. A fool and his money are soon parted.
vbel 
Copper - Posts: 246
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 01, 2004 at 6:28 PM / IP Logged  
Wow!!! Now all left to do is to build subs for $100000 and amps for about the same amount and I will jump right on it and pair them up together!!!!!
boxmaker85 
Silver - Posts: 433
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 01, 2004 at 9:47 PM / IP Logged  
I'll agree w/ Velocity Motors bout Bill Gates.  If I had been around w/ him and developed windows then I would be that filthy rich and could buy these cables.  But still one man (or even a family, dang) w/ that much money.   It's rediculous.  Speaking of some dumb people.  I've got a friend that put his bedroom slipper up on ebay.  Now get this, it's a norman wal-mart left foot slipper.  Nothing special about it at all.  The guy is your everyday Joe Schmoe.  He said that it was "ultra-rare" b/c only he had worn it.  It's now sold for $100.  No mistake one-hundred dollars.  And he advertised it as is, a worn, smelly, left-foot slipper.  Sold for $100.  Crazy huh?  I wonder if my dog's old chew bone will do even half that good?  Hm....
sone4200 
Copper - Posts: 34
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 01, 2004 at 9:53 PM / IP Logged  

Even if i was as rich as bill gates, i don't think i WOULD buy cables for that much! Granted, he might have billions of dollars, but if i had billions of dollars, i think i'd still pinch my pennies; as for that wal-mart slipper, how long ago was this? i would LOVE to see the ad to it!

S-One
1992 Buick Lesabre
Clarion Dxz945MP
2000w Wolfenhag 4 channel amp
2 12" Kicker Solo L7's
Ravendarat 
Platinum - Posts: 2,806
Platinum spacespace
Posted: October 01, 2004 at 10:57 PM / IP Logged  
If I had bought a set of $60000 ATC home speakers and a $50000 Griffen amp running through a $15000 Lexicon Preamp and using $7500 Esotaric Cd Player thats got my $7500 Fulcrum DAC then I would have no problem speanding that kinda money, and more on cable as long as they can A/B it and prove to me its better. I am lucky to live in a place with a shop that actually sells this stuff and has a showroom where I can hear it, and even more lucky to know the owner. The carry cabling worth a whole hell of a lot more than that and some of it does make a difference, some of it doesnt sounds any better than my 200-300 monster cable, so make your own choices. BTW if anyone wants to check these guys out they have a web site www.canadianhifi.com, it has some off thier product but not their Ultra High end stuff. And before you ask, they sell a ton of this stuff.
double-secret reverse-osmosis speaker-cone-induced high-level interference distortion, Its a killer
Wiseguy 
Copper - Posts: 159
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 07, 2004 at 12:58 PM / IP Logged  

flynntech wrote:
In the end, it comes down to the installer and the quality of the equipment, wire is wire unless it is some seriously sh*tty wire.

i agree copper wire is frickkin copper wire!

who cares about the special annealing process that gives it the finest conductive propertiesWhy MonsterCalbes rock - Page 2 -- posted image.

it all bullsh*t to get peoples money

Clarion DXZ745MP
Kove ZX504
Kove AG1400
Kove 12" T3 Armageddon
Kove 6.5" Compaxials
WILDER 6.5" Pro-Audio Drivers
Custom Pre-amp
Francious70 
Silver - Posts: 629
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 07, 2004 at 2:03 PM / IP Logged  
Taken from another forum I visit.
http://www.audioholics.com/techtips/audioprinciples/interconnects/Skineffect-hjohnson.html
If you can understand the boring, tech jargon here, you're a better man/woman than I.
Paul
Rushman 
Silver - Posts: 380
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 07, 2004 at 5:05 PM / IP Logged  
Damn !  $100 for a used , worn , smelly , left slipper? Be looking on E-bay for my underware !
saranykm 
Member - Posts: 23
Member spacespace
Posted: October 19, 2004 at 6:49 PM / IP Logged  

rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeetttttttttttttttttttttaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrdddddddddeeeeeeeeeeeeddddddd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thats more than my tv!!!! and i hated coughing up a grand for that!

gorilla
boxmaker85 
Silver - Posts: 433
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 19, 2004 at 7:25 PM / IP Logged  

Yeah I printed the page off.  I'll try and get a scaned copy of the info product page.  Ended up going for $100ish.  I love America.  Peole will pay anything if you convince them that it's "rare" or "priceless".  If people pay that for a slipper I wonder what they will pay for an actual shoe?  Why MonsterCalbes rock - Page 2 -- posted image.

Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic