icon

Best Buy to Carry Alpine feb 05

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
stavy customs1 
Copper - Posts: 63
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 24, 2004 at 9:15 PM / IP Logged  
Its official now Best buy will now carry alpine in feb of 05. This is huge for us at best buy because alpine is our first high end products for the car audio department. I believe CC lost their contract with them which is why we picked them up.
Alpine Guy 
Platinum - Posts: 2,478
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 24, 2004 at 9:43 PM / IP Logged  
Should i be happy?
2003 Chevy Avalanche,Eclipse CD7000,Morel Elate 5,Adire Extremis,Alpine PDX-4.150, 15" TC-3000, 2 Alpine PDX-1.1000, 470Amp HO Alt.
customsuburb 
Gold - Posts: 1,813
Gold spacespace
Posted: September 24, 2004 at 10:09 PM / IP Logged  
no Best Buy to Carry Alpine feb 05 -- posted image.
Alpine Guy 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 24, 2004 at 10:13 PM / IP Logged  

Didn't think so.   I keep seeing flashes of Pioneer's at wallmart, and how they used to be a high end company till something like this happend.  Now i wont touch the stuff with a 10 foot pole cuz every kid under the sun with $99 has a pioneer deck.

Its a shame! a DAM shame!

2003 Chevy Avalanche,Eclipse CD7000,Morel Elate 5,Adire Extremis,Alpine PDX-4.150, 15" TC-3000, 2 Alpine PDX-1.1000, 470Amp HO Alt.
customsuburb 
Gold - Posts: 1,813
Gold spacespace
Posted: September 24, 2004 at 10:21 PM / IP Logged  

I can just see wal-mart selling the CDA-9835 and some dumass kid trying to figure out how to turn up the bass and just do something totally different then the walmart assistant/jewely seller/mechanic/clothes department person try to turn it up and then try to explain the bass engine and say "its an actual small engine that boosts the sound with a special belt inside the cd player"...uh huh.

Alpine Guy 
Posted: September 24, 2004 at 10:40 PM / IP Logged  
hahahahahaha
kgerry 
Platinum - Posts: 3,455
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: September 25, 2004 at 10:48 AM / IP Logged  

i dont know guys.... i was one of the first certified installers Alpine trained when they came to Canada in 1979, I've been a warranty service centre for them since 1980... I've stuck with them thru the rich years,  ( Lambo giveaways, massive promos, etc ) and the leaner years of the early 90's... but i can't say i really like the direction the company or the product is heading....( amplifiers that come with an owner/user's manual the size of a phone book )   i really hope they dont go back to the slock "get the product out there no matter what " mentality of the late 80's, early 90's when they dumped the product in the big box stores with no training or support.... i still respect the name and i know all the guys at the company here in Canada, but it seems of late like they are floundering, trying to get a grasp on their own identity....

i don't know....  just an observation....

Kevin Gerry
Certified Electronics Technician
MECP First Class Installer
Owner/Installer
Classic Car Audio
since 1979
vbel 
Copper - Posts: 246
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 25, 2004 at 10:50 AM / IP Logged  
ebay foreva!!!
stavy customs1 
Copper - Posts: 63
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 25, 2004 at 3:54 PM / IP Logged  

Walmart will never ever carry alpine. Best buy is up and coming i believe were finally dropping the POS tf punch series. We need to get rid of pioneer, pioneer has fallen alot over the past few years. IF we carried pioneer premier it would be a different story. Over the years we have carried alot if crap brands but i think over the next year thatll change. After tweeter falls which should be soon, I think well pick up alot of their brands as well. CC and       Tweeter are not doing good.

Vbel just remember when you buy an alpine off of ebay good luck getting warranty work from alpine done it cuz they wont touch it with a pole.

Best Buy Installer
Ravendarat 
Platinum - Posts: 2,806
Platinum spacespace
Posted: September 25, 2004 at 9:27 PM / IP Logged  
I think its hillarious that you saay that premier is a different story than the regular pioneer decks, being that internally they are almost 100% identical The premier decks have gold plated preouts, a 2 year warrenty and in some cases higher voltage preouts and thats it. Now the higher voltage preouts is nice but the gold plated preouts almost never make a difference and most places offer an extended warrenty anyways so that negates that. I know that every where I have worked has carried pioneer and have never had any type of cronic problems with the head units and are generally more reliable than most, and, IMO sounds better than any thing else in its class.
double-secret reverse-osmosis speaker-cone-induced high-level interference distortion, Its a killer
Page of 5

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic