icon

Best Buy to Carry Alpine feb 05

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Ravendarat 
Platinum - Posts: 2,806
Platinum spacespace
Posted: October 04, 2004 at 12:08 AM / IP Logged  
I have to laugh at that. I got news for ya, best buy isnt loosing money. Their only problem is they are running out of places to expand. Best Buy hasnt lost money in a fiscal year for, I dont even know how long. But if you dont believe me you can find out for yourself, they are a publicly traded company and make all their financial records availible, so you can check their net earnings. They are a rediculous retail Juggernaut. If I had to put money on a company I would bet on Best Buy any day of the week. Also if you wanna do a comparison check out how many stores Best Buy opened last year as compared to Circut City. Its not even close, Best Buy is a very real threat to companies like circut city and other types of "big box attitude" stores. The smaller specialty stores and high end stores are fairly safe as the clientel is different but its alreay been shown that people that try to go head to head with Best Buy at their own game loose. Right now they are experimenting with smaller stores, under 25000 sq ft, to see if they can make them profitable because if they can it will open up a lot of expandability to them, being that they have all the major markets locked up. If they can make the smaller stores work  "which are still damn big by any other standards" it will open up somthing like 600 new places that they can expand to, in the united states alone. Not to mention they are in the process of setting up Best Buy Japan right now, and are also doing very well in Canada.
double-secret reverse-osmosis speaker-cone-induced high-level interference distortion, Its a killer
heavilymedicate 
Silver - Posts: 328
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 04, 2004 at 12:33 AM / IP Logged  

So.... Best buy to carry low end Alpine in 05' right?

Interesting how this thread has evolved.  I almost jumped in a few times; however, some of you seem to have coverd eveything I would have said already, so blah!   : )

chevyman26 
Copper - Posts: 227
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 04, 2004 at 8:05 AM / IP Logged  
People can say this or that about which stores are better, or that they are financial bullies and blah blah, but to me, the bottom line is that not one of the major "superstores" got to where they are by not knowing what they are doing. Every one of them started from one store and expanded by knowing exactly what the customer wanted.
You'd better get me out of this lord... or else you'll have me to deal with. -- Hunter S. Thompson "F.A.L.I.L.V."
Page of 5

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic