icon

1995 blazer Alarm

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
JoulesWinfield 
Member - Posts: 15
Member spacespace
Posted: September 29, 2004 at 6:36 AM / IP Logged  

Well, I retested every thing last night.

Off the switch the L Blue and White wires act like they are supposed to.

I know that connecting power and ground to the Tan and Grey wires right at the motor triggers the lock like they are supposed to.

So I guess at this point the next attempt will be to take all my connections inside the door. For the driver door lock and switch anyways.

I think if this doesnt work Im gonna just push it out of the garage and lite it on fire.

SoundFX411 
Copper - Posts: 153
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 29, 2004 at 7:48 AM / IP Logged  
I have a 96 Blazer. I found the lock wires at the module by the firewall. It was the keyless entry module. When you take down the plastic cover under the dash, it's the black box by the emergency brake. If you disconnect the brain you will not get any action on the locks. I just tapped into the wires there and left the module in tact.
JoulesWinfield 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 29, 2004 at 10:16 PM / IP Logged  

I put the keyless back in. Now the door locks work fine. No dual stage unlock though.

Now I cant use the remote start cause it thinks there is an open door switch. I know ther isnt cause the dome light would stay on if there were.

So now the Blazer in blazin in the drive way. Im just gonna call the insurance company in the morning and let them know the truck is burnt to a crisp.

JoulesWinfield 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 01, 2004 at 6:19 AM / IP Logged  

It works!

So, heres what I have learned.

1) Theres majic in that TRW keyless.

2)No one knows what that majic is or what it does.

3)You cant use 2 stage unlock if you were cursed with the TRW keyless.

4)The hood pin swtich only needs to be grounded to program the tach. That was my mistake and also why the remote start wouldnt work.

Thanks everyone for your help.

PS. The next project is putting the 900 watt 15 speaker system in, so look for that post in the car audio section. 

Pioneer 9200 head, JL 300 watt 4 channel, MTX 225HO, JL XR 6.5CSI, XR4 CX, VR5.25CS, TR3.5 and 3 JL 12W6 v1.

This should go much more smoothly since that is my forte.

Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic