icon

amp kit brands

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Rushman 
Silver - Posts: 380
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 30, 2004 at 9:23 PM / IP Logged  
Im thinkin Alpine guy comes from the same old school of experience I do. I like options and expandabilaty.  I can set up my system for all out outlaw bass or if Im in the mood , some old classic rock. Either way , good wiring and expansion blocks and multi-fuse links are a big help.
hurtado_roberto 
Copper - Posts: 196
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 01, 2004 at 12:00 AM / IP Logged  

RCA's do make a difference but for some reason I felt like going more twards moster cable since its a well known brand with great reliavility from what I've heard.  I've used two pairs of KnoKoncepts and they worked great.  You can actually see the connection at the plugs reasuring you it was a good sodering job.

I've never had any of my cables corrode.  How can that be caused; I forgot?  Does the wire inside the insulation actually corrode or is it just at the battery terminals.  If it's at the battery terminals they you could have used a better connecting method to prevent it like sodering.

Some power wires are not designed for the mobile world.  Their insulation does not fit the application.  The kit at Wal Mart actually looks like it's of good quallity although the RCA may not look like the best. 

Does anyone else have opinions on the Wal Mart Kits?

Poly Dollies
Rushman 
Silver - Posts: 380
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 01, 2004 at 1:00 AM / IP Logged  
I have actually seen Car Audio power and ground wires begin to turn a greenish color from the middle of the wire (after splicing them open). Im wondering now if thats maybe due to the climate or salt in the air as I live near the Gulf or somthing. Thats why I make sure when I purchase power cables I make sure the copper has a non corrosive treatment to it and I seem to have better luck with them. Maybe this isnt an issue in other parts of the country???
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic