icon

i was looking for some subs that will really put o

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
durangomanz 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: September 27, 2002 at 6:43 PM / IP Logged  
i was wanting to know which subs should i go with to get the best spl was wanting 12s but what brand should i go with?
stephen21701 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: September 27, 2002 at 7:33 PM / IP Logged  

That is a very open ended question.  There are so many different brands and everyone will tell you a different answer based on thier own experience.  I have been in the car stereo biz for 5 years, and the top brands of subwoofers I have seen are Rockford Fosgate, JL Audio, and MTX.  There are still many others that can perform just as well as these, but If you go with either of these brands, you will not be disappionted.

Stephen
Aw1208q 
Copper - Posts: 42
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 27, 2002 at 8:27 PM / IP Logged  
audiobahn is good choice for SPL but the big boys run Digital Designs subs. A guy with one 12 and i believe 5000watts RMS hit 169.8. so if u want to get seriously into dBDrag thats the subs to go with.
Phatboy 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: October 01, 2002 at 3:14 PM / IP Logged  

Go with some Kicker Solo-Baric 12's or some Alpine Type R's if you wanna pund pretty hard. I personally stand by Kicker for their great products and service. They have been in the biz a LONG time!

Phatboy

ih8u37 
Copper - Posts: 54
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 01, 2002 at 8:23 PM / IP Logged  

Just as stephen said, that question will result in many different answers depending on who you are asking. If you just want to win competitions, & have a big budget, Digital Designs & MMATS are good choices. If you're looking for the "best deal" but still want good subs, take a look at Audiobahn (my personal fav), Visonik, or MA Audio. Kicker's good, but overpriced compared to others. JL probably are the some of the most reliable & have the best sound quality (cough...cough...W7), but not the same SPL as others. Rockford...I won't even go there.

Be a bit more specific & we may be able to help you more.

the12volt 
Administrator - Posts: 3,955
Administrator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 01, 2002 at 8:39 PM / IP Logged  

I agree with what Stephen and ih8u37 said, but you should always go with what you like best. If you're uncertain of what you like, then visit your local shops and/or go to some competitions and listen to as many vehicles as you can, especially those that are simliar to your own. After doing so, the answer to choosing which woofers you should get will become clear.

the12volt

mytloud1 
Member - Posts: 25
Member spacespace
Posted: October 01, 2002 at 10:39 PM / IP Logged  
the car aw1208q spoke of is featured in auto sound and security this month, along with a whole slew of other spl cars. the car is a 1978 honda cvcc. it has one DD 10" and a viper 2500 watt amp. but this is an extreme car and isnt a daily driver, show only. like the 12 volt said, attend some shows, visit some shops(that you would trust their opinion) and decide for yourself. i myself went in to a local shop after being out of car audio for a few years, and fell in love with fusion products. like the others have said about their brands, i feel i can stand beside mine. i run db drags street 3-4, and my last show i attended, though it wasnt sanctioned, i did a 158.7 with three 12's. before you get to far involved with your project, it is also a good idea to check the rules if you plan to compete. you dont want to show up at a show and not be able to run the class you want due to a minor rule you broke.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic