icon

Help with 2005 H2 install

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
808vip 
Copper - Posts: 67
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 02, 2004 at 4:42 AM / IP Logged  
I'm having my 2005 H2 fitted with an Eclipse DVD, 2 Vizualogic headrest monitors, Focal speakers, Eclipse amps..etc..my problem is that I want to keep my On-Star and steering wheel controls. I asked the shop if they could use adapters and interfaces instead of hacking into the stock system. They said it could be done.. but when I looked up PAC interfaces they didn't have a listing for '05 H2s. Has anyone had or know someone who has worked on an '05 H2? What problems did you come across? Right now the install is almost half way done and I'm already having problems with using my On-Star and a seatbelt warning chime that won't shut off with using the alarm remote.
808vip 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 02, 2004 at 11:39 AM / IP Logged  
I also added a Clifford alarm w/ remote starter.
dudek38 
Copper - Posts: 250
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 05, 2004 at 11:40 PM / IP Logged  
im sure metra has come out with the gm onstar interface with chime retention and the pac s-wix will do the steering wheel controls. it seems like a shop should know this.....
metraonline.com
pac-audio.com
owner of
Motion Marine & Car Audio
the florida keys
jstruckman 
Copper - Posts: 465
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 07, 2004 at 1:03 AM / IP Logged  

I have heard nothing but bad things about PAC stuff. Soundgate is a another company that makes these interfaces, i have used some of there stuff and it works great. To retain On Star you will need  there Digistar, it will retain the OnStar and your chime functions, they also make steering wheel remote interface for that vehicle, not sure of the model number of that peace. Give them a call, it is very easy to get a salesman or a tech support person, they have all the info you need.

Jazzy

808vip 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 07, 2004 at 2:58 AM / IP Logged  
I checked with my installer and he said he was using Soundgate products for the reasons Jazzy mentioned above. I'm still having problems with my OnStar but they're only half way with my install so I'm just gonna bring it to their attention.
jstruckman 
Copper - Posts: 465
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 07, 2004 at 1:55 PM / IP Logged  

Is the OnStar intermittently coming on and off, is cutting out or what is the exact problem. Make sure that your shop is using grounds in the drivers side kick panel, in those vehicles the chassis is isolated from the frame, making good grounds hard to find, there should be a .5 ohm of resistance or less. Second the ignition source in the main harness behind the radio has a tendency to have a large amount of voltage drop across it. Finding an ignition source off of the BCM is your best bet. The BCM is located by the steering column. I can almost guarantee that a poor ground or ignition source is the cause of the problem. Hope this helps!!!

Jazzy

808vip 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 07, 2004 at 9:27 PM / IP Logged  
Jazzy,
Thanks, that's exactly what's happening.. it comes on doesn't get the numbers right..dials than disconnects.. she hears the wrong voice prompts and keeps askin' the same questions. Man, you've been a great help!! I'm going to pass this info to my installer!
ALOHA!! Thanks!!
808vip 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 07, 2004 at 9:55 PM / IP Logged  
Jazzy,
Another thing I'm having problems with is my seat memory.. would removing the factory amp and/or head unit have something to do with this?
kgerry 
Platinum - Posts: 3,455
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: October 08, 2004 at 10:34 AM / IP Logged  
no but using the Clifford remote might... these are drivers personalization features that are programmed into the BCM based on the remote you use... that way the seat will adjust to the wife with remote 1 and the hubby with remote 2.... it's possible that no features were programmed with the Clifford remote....
Kevin Gerry
Certified Electronics Technician
MECP First Class Installer
Owner/Installer
Classic Car Audio
since 1979
808vip 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 16, 2004 at 6:07 AM / IP Logged  
My dealer told me that for 2005 they removed that option..now instead of recognizing driver 1 & 2 remotes you need to press the seating option button 1 or 2 on the drivers' side door... But I can't program my seat, when I press the button to program my seat it doesn't chime, and if i start my car without my seat belt on, the warning chimes will not stop..even when the car's turned off. I need to arm than disarm the alarm with the door open to stop the chime. Does anyone have some suggestions i could offer to my installer to help with the install?
I checked the e-mail notify button on the bottom but I don't know why I'm not receiving any e-mail notifications when I get replies to my posts.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic