icon

2004 dodge durango

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
bigpetesbee 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: October 05, 2004 at 7:01 PM / IP Logged  

looking for help i am trying to find a factory alarm for this vehicle so we do not have to have another remote it has keyless entry no immobilizer can't find a part number  any help or suggestions are greatly    needed

thanks in advance            

peter
Dutchtouch 
Member - Posts: 33
Member spacespace
Posted: October 05, 2004 at 9:55 PM / IP Logged  

You don't need to buy a factory alarm for your vehicle.  You can pick up almost any name brand alarm that can be tied into your power locks so that you only have one remote.

Also you should know that alot of alarms that are supposed to be factory, are actually installed on the dealership lot, by a company that has a contract with that dealership.  For example say I went into a Dodge dealership and wanted to buy a Durango.  It comes factory with Keyless entry and the sales person tries to up sell me on a factory alarm.  What would actually happen is that the dealer would call a company which they have a contract with and they would send out an installer to do the install and both the dealership and this company would split the profit.  The alarms that are installed are a standard unit, that is used on all Dodges that they sell.  This unit could either be provided buy the dealership or by the company that the installer works for.  This way if anything goes wrong with the unit in the future you have to bring it back to them to have it repaired.  When you come to pick up the unit they say here is your Durango the way you ordered it with "factory keyless entry & factory alarm".  Its a scam, you are paying more money for less of an alarm.

My advice to a big store like Best Buy (because they will stand behind their work) or a shop with a good reputation and have it installed by them vs a little shop.  You always get what you pay for........cheap usually equals crap.

Hope this helps,

Dutch

First Class M.E.C.P. Certified & 310K Licensed
Electronic Installer
Will85iroc 
Member - Posts: 41
Member spacespace
Posted: October 08, 2004 at 1:30 PM / IP Logged  
yeah, i have a 2004 durango (HEMI BABY!) and you can use almost any alarm kit for it, ex. dei, viper,  etc.......
" will85iroc "

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic