icon

System setup help

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mpathy 
Member - Posts: 47
Member spacespace
Posted: October 06, 2004 at 10:46 PM / IP Logged  

Ok The pioneers are 4ohms so if I did this correctly parallel will give me 1ohm and series will give me 16.

I am thingking that I want to go series correct?

My sub if it is correct is 4ohms each speaker and I have it bridged....

Rushman 
Silver - Posts: 380
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 06, 2004 at 10:52 PM / IP Logged  
I believe paralelling the 4 ohm pioneers will give you 2 ohm if theres just 2 of them right?
mpathy 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 06, 2004 at 10:52 PM / IP Logged  

Stevdart here is the info on my pioneers

This info is off there site .

Watts MAX. Music Power 160W

Watts Nominal Power Handling 30W
  Frequency Response 35Hz ~ 25kHz
  Sensitivity (1W/1m) 92dB
  Ohm Rating 4

mpathy 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 06, 2004 at 10:53 PM / IP Logged  

Rushman wrote:
I believe paralelling the 4 ohm pioneers will give you 2 ohm if theres just 2 of them right?

I have 4 of them ..

Rushman 
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 06, 2004 at 10:56 PM / IP Logged  

ok , I understand. if you paralell the left channel to the left channel amp and the right paralell to the right channel of the amp , you should only end up with 2 ohm loads on each channel. 2 ohms left and 2 ohms right.

mpathy 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 06, 2004 at 10:58 PM / IP Logged  
Is that what would be best with a 100watt amp...
Rushman 
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 06, 2004 at 11:05 PM / IP Logged  
I believe your amp will put out a little more wattage in a 2 ohm stereo mode. Most amps do. This should be ok with your speakers but like stevdart recomended , changing the speakers out with better ones , I tend to agree with him. Its up to you. You might like what you hear . If not theres always room to upgrade. Check with the amps specs to make sure it can do a 2 ohm stereo load. It should be able to.
mpathy 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 07, 2004 at 5:38 PM / IP Logged  

Ok guy,

I am looking into an EQ and have found a Boss Ava 1204 Band Preamp Equalizer . Can I use this with my amp's? I ask for the simple fact that it says preamp on it .

Rushman 
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 08, 2004 at 2:04 AM / IP Logged  
you can use it if you want to. I dont believe I would put it in my system simply because its from Boss. Im not knockin Boss , but they have a reputation and its not the best. That EQ would probly hurt your system more than help it by putting alot of unwanted noise like altenator wine , hissing and humming in your music. You might have to put so many noise filters and ground loop isolaters to get those noises out , it just wouldnt be worth it. I dont know what kind of budget you have but if you really have to have or want an EQ , save up for the better Alpine or Kenwood or any other better brands. They will work and sound soooo  much better than that boss. Just my opinion...
/r7 
Silver - Posts: 340
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 08, 2004 at 8:22 AM / IP Logged  
your dimming may be the cause of the gain settings you have.
gains are not meant to be cranked to get the full potential out of your amp, every amps gain setting will be different, but most of them probably will not be maxxed out for the best possible output. setting your gains properly may result in a louder system just because settings are not overpowered.
there are various tutorials to read with setting your gains, i personally find the use of a multimeter the most effective. i found my tutorial for a multimeter on JLaudio.com
an EQ can seriously improve a systems sound quality, which may be a nessesity to your taste, but if that is the case go with something worthwhile, i found phoenix golds EQ's to be very complimentry to my system.
hth
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic