System setup help

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mpathy 
Member - Posts: 47
Member spacespace
Posted: October 13, 2004 at 6:09 PM / IP Logged  

Well guys/gals ,

Thank you all for the help. I purchased a capasitor which arrived today and and EQ which is on the way. Once I have the EQ I will rewire the whole system to spread out the power wires and speaker wires.

So far I have rest all of the settings on th HU and amps and it is sounding better than before. Even my wife likes the way it sounds. Still can't turn it up with here in the truck but that is ok.

Once again thank you all . I will keep you posted as I install the rest of the equipment

mpathy 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 14, 2004 at 3:34 PM / IP Logged  

Ok my capasitor is in .

Now what will be the best way to wire this up? Am I going to needs a dist. block or can I just go direct to both amps from the capatistor? How do I do this ? The instructions are very confusing ....

mpathy 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 14, 2004 at 4:15 PM / IP Logged  

Also as I look thru all the post here I see every one talking about the pre out levels . It made me want to look at what I have and here it is ....

Preout level / Load (during disc play)....................1800 mV/10 k§Ù

Preout impedance............................................................¡Â 600 §Ù 

sorry for sounding stupid but,  Can someone decode this and tell me what my output is?

mpathy 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 27, 2004 at 6:22 PM / IP Logged  

Thanks to all that has giving me some advise. It was all taken in and some of it was even used. I have completed my install and it sounds great. I still need to get my EQ and Xover setup but all in all it sounds good. I still have to get my gound wire for my cap upgraded to 4ga it is currently 8 and redo my + and - for my battery and alt. as well. Here are a few pics of my system . sorry no pic's of the amps as they are under the fronseats and hard to see.

http://www.wnytrux.com/Eugene pictures/.

Once agai thanks for all the help.

Rushman 
Silver - Posts: 380
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 27, 2004 at 9:29 PM / IP Logged  
Thats a pretty good install. Looks like you planned it out and put some thought into it. Bravo. If you dont mind some advice. You did a nice job running and hiding the wires but if you get a chance and can afford it I would suggest upgrading all your RCA cables. Im sure your system sounds great but do you have any alternator wine . Im only asking because those kind of cables are popular for picking up that wine. Changing or upgrading to a better high shielded cables will improve the over quality of the sound and help illiminate some or all unwanted noises. Other than that the system looks great. Radio and EQ nice and straight in the dash , Capicitor bolted down and wired up clean , Crossover nice and clean and easy access for adjustment. Good Job.
99 F-one fitty
Pioneer Premier H/U
Alpine EQ
Kicker 1200 amp
4 Kicker comp 10s
6 kicker SS65.2 components
mpathy 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 27, 2004 at 9:33 PM / IP Logged  

Yes there is some whine and I hear you about the RCA's I will be upgrading to better ones asap. I was working on a fixed hidden buget from the wife LOL . Soon enought I will upgrade . Thanks you for the compliments you guys have been alot of help.

Page of 3

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic