A girl and her ride

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
dbdraggirl 
Copper - Posts: 75
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 08, 2004 at 3:51 PM / IP Logged  

A girl and her ride -- posted image.

That is me sitting on my tail gate.. bad pic but I had forgotten to post one on here before.. so until then.. here it is..

Girls can do anything guys can do!!
2~12" Kove Armageddon Z's
US Amps 2000x
US Amps 4300x (mids & highs)
US Amps X2R Crossover
Clarion DXZ745MP
2~Kove 5 1/4" KC Components
CompuStar Alarm :o)
stevdart 
Platinum - Posts: 5,816
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: October 09, 2004 at 2:42 AM / IP Logged  
Thank you, dbgirl!  It's been a long time.  Next  pic I want you smiling and looking at me.  :)  But I wear my pants up over my ass... not too cool I guess...  I'm so sick of seeing those droopy drawers on those young thugs  Get one of those boyz to get a pic of you with a big smile, with your system.
Build the box so that it performs well in the worst case scenario and, in return, it will reward you at all times.
flynntech 
Copper - Posts: 275
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 09, 2004 at 11:03 AM / IP Logged  

"Girls can do anything guys can do!! "

Then why are they always asking for my help?

If you do your own installs, that's cool. This will be my new response to any female who asks...can you help me with..., my car is making a noise...., My computer won't open this file...., help, there is a dead squirell in my mailbox!!..... NOPE!...

Thanks dbdraggirl, you are a true inspiration!

dbdraggirl 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 09, 2004 at 3:22 PM / IP Logged  

thanks guys.. i am not really photographic.. . lol.. but.. hence I will try..  I'll see what i can do this weekend

US Amps 2000x
US Amps X2R Crossover
Clarion DXZ745MP
Mad Scientists 
Silver - Posts: 380
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 10, 2004 at 9:28 PM / IP Logged  

'Girls can do anything guys can do'

Amend that to say something along the lines of 'There's nothing I can't do' (excepting, of course, medical impossibilities) and I'll agree with it. Nothing torques me off more than someone (male of female) saying 'I can't do it'.  Maybe you don't know how, but it's nothing you can't learn.

Both my wife and her daughter work on their own cars.. up to and including brakes, tires, tune ups, and oil changes. Wife helped change head gasket, struts, clutch, and timing belts. <shrug> Biggest part of it is them knowing that someone's there who can help them..

I've gotten away from doing things for people.. I try to help them do it themselves now. 

I just spent the weekend changing the computer network here at the house from a hub based network with an internal DSL modem to a router based network with external DSL modem and wireless link. Got it done, but had to learn as I went.. Helps to have a 'room O' cr*p'.  Had to dig out an external DSL modem I had from years ago, make  up a crossover cable and spend hours searching for answers on the 'net and Usenet.

Just some thoughts..

Jim

dxav 
Silver - Posts: 314
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 11, 2004 at 9:31 AM / IP Logged  
Don't forget the age old adage:
Nothing is impossible for the person who does not have to do it!
We use that all the time in the lab....
DXAV
speedwayaudio1 
Silver - Posts: 879
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 12, 2004 at 2:04 PM / IP Logged  
Oh yeh like you guys never asked anyone for help or advice. this site is full of guys asking for help. nobody was born a car audio expert.
Big Dave
dbdraggirl 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 12, 2004 at 8:19 PM / IP Logged  
Hi.. I never said that I didn't ask anyone for help... or that I haven't spent a lot of time with my nose in a book or watching and learning...
US Amps 2000x
US Amps X2R Crossover
Clarion DXZ745MP
flynntech 
Copper - Posts: 275
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 15, 2004 at 6:49 PM / IP Logged  

Asking for help is one thing....asking for complete assistance is another!

My sister found out she needs a head gasket for here cavalier, the mechanic wants $800...she doesn't have it. Who's going to end up with this headache?....that's right, me. 

Hopefully I'll get a new torque wrench and a whiz wheel out of the deal, they even think that's too much to ask!

I'd like to sit down in a chair, drink beer and tell her what she needs to do, learn first hand what DIY automotive is all about! If I have too many and become confused, I'll simply point to the corresponding pages in the Chilton's repair manual and let her figure it out. What are big brothers for?

Mad Scientists 
Silver - Posts: 380
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 16, 2004 at 9:05 PM / IP Logged  

I learned a long time ago that if I'm working on a car (and it's not a paying job) the owner of the car **WILL** be there with me.. cleaning parts, getting dirty, and not off enjoying themself while I'm stuck at the shop. Even if all they do is sit there.. I'm not gonna be there alone.

regards,

Jim

Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic