the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

530t run four windows up only?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
camarob4c1 
Member - Posts: 28
Member spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 12, 2004 at 6:26 PM / IP Logged  

draasch & m012v have helped me greatly.

Now I am looking in to adding the DEI 530t window module to the Crime Guard 745i2 in my daughters 95 mustang.

I bought the 530t to roll up four windows when the system arms.  Now I am hearing that it will only operate two windows.  I thought that the 530t would work two windows in both directions, or four windows in one direction.  I originally bought two of them to work all four windows both up and down, but have decided that I just want four windows to roll up when the system arms.  I also have two of the au-93 units from Crime Guard, but was told they will not do want I am wanting.

Anyone?

Tom

Teken 
Gold - Posts: 1,492
Gold spacespace
Posted: October 12, 2004 at 6:54 PM / IP Logged  
I dont understand what you are asking. But you have basicly answered your own Q.
If you want 4 windows to go up & down, you need two 530T's
If you can live with only 4 windows going up, then one 530T will do the job. But it will not do both motions at once, for (4) windows.
Regards
EVIL Teken . . .
camarob4c1 
Member spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 12, 2004 at 7:42 PM / IP Logged  

Evil & all others,

I am wanting to roll four windows up, but from what I have been told, the 530t will not do this.  The papers with the 530t, on page 2, show a wiring diagram for two windows up and down, no where in the booklet does it mention 4 windows in one direction.

So, will a 530t do 4 windows in one direction?  If so, how do I wire it to a 95 mustang?

Tom

draasch 
Gold - Posts: 2,172
Gold spacespace
Posted: October 13, 2004 at 7:22 AM / IP Logged  
Teken, correct me if im wrong,
but if tom takes the down motor wires and the down switch wires and he hooks them up to the 2 rear windows up wires, will it do what he is looking for?????
Good Luck
David
Ace Security
813-376-9778
Tampa
Donate to the 12volt
camarob4c1 
Posted: October 13, 2004 at 5:31 PM / IP Logged  

Guys,

The weekend is quickly approaching.  If at all possible I would like to be able to complete the installation this weekend and GET THIS CAR OUT OF MY GARAGE.

Will the 530t operate all four windows up?  If so, how do I wire it?

Thanks,

Tom

camarob4c1 
Posted: October 14, 2004 at 5:41 PM / IP Logged  

I have scanned the 530t instructions in to a file.  If anyone else would like to see it, to help me figure this, please let me know and I will gladly email to you.

Tom

draasch 
Gold - Posts: 2,172
Gold spacespace
Posted: October 14, 2004 at 5:44 PM / IP Logged  
go ahead and e-mail them to me tom..........
Good Luck
David
Ace Security
813-376-9778
Tampa
Donate to the 12volt
TimothyCox 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: November 08, 2004 at 1:47 PM / IP Logged  

I know this is an old thread, But worth updating.

The simple answer is NO, The 530T will only automate 2 windows, Period. There probably is some funky way to "hokey" it to work, but the reality is this module provides neg(-) to one motor lead while providing pos(+) to the other (and reversing polarity to run the window down) It was not designed to operate 4 windows in the same direction.

If all you want is windows up with arm, this is NOT the best unit to buy, It offers wonderful one-touch, 2 direction automation, But you could simply use 2 cheapo roll-ups for what you want.

Don't think of the 530t as "4 separate windows controllers" it's not, It's 2 bi-directional window controls.

My 2 cents.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic