Sunbird Remote Starter Manual

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jrs66ss 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: December 03, 2004 at 8:22 PM / IP Logged  
deeg65 wrote:
I received an Sunbird remote control engine starter as a gift.  it didn't come with a manual.  Can anyone help me out with the wire connections.  The heavy wires are red, green, blue, blue w white stripe, black, yellow and yellow with red stripe.  Thanks
jrs66ss
jrs66ss 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 03, 2004 at 8:24 PM / IP Logged  
deeg65 wrote:
I received an Sunbird remote control engine starter as a gift.  it didn't come with a manual.  Can anyone help me out with the wire connections.  The heavy wires are red, green, blue, blue w white stripe, black, yellow and yellow with red stripe.  Thanks
   Open the black box and the cuircut board is labled next to the wire. youll see.                                                        
jrs66ss
jrs66ss 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 03, 2004 at 8:29 PM / IP Logged  
To all Open the black box and youll get your wire code answers off the ciurcut board.then probably use the standard remote start manual from this site .I havent installed yet just sharin what I learned so far.
jrs66ss
jrs66ss 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 03, 2004 at 8:29 PM / IP Logged  
To all Open the black box and youll get your wire code answers off the ciurcut board.then probably use the standard remote start manual from this site .I havent installed yet just sharin what I learned so far.Sunbird Remote Starter Manual - Page 3 -- posted image.
jrs66ss
madtechie 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: December 04, 2004 at 8:44 PM / IP Logged  

jrs66ss,

No offense, but I don't think you looked on the second page of this thread...the wiring legend has already been posted, no need for anybody else to tear theirs apart needlessly.   Thanks     ~Christopher

tuftrux 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 08, 2004 at 5:11 AM / IP Logged  
Quick question- is the 20 ga  wire for the antenna the short black wire in the plastic bag? It looks as though the antenna uses a small jack to plug into the unit......
Joe
madtechie 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 08, 2004 at 7:00 AM / IP Logged  

Joe,

Quite honestly, I am not positive why there is the jack for an antenna plug.  The small wire is indeed the antenna lead; and my opinion-and this is mostly speculation--is that it may be a remote trigger to be used in conjunction with another system, perhaps a compatible security system.  The fact that the jack is also labeled 'ant'  makes me think of the way a stereo system is wired, with the power antenna lead acting as a remote trigger for amplifiers and such.  An antenna by definition is a coupling of any kind to recieve a signal, and this would fit that situation.  Like I said, though, speculation.  It definitely would not accept the vehicle's antenna plug, so it must be something else.  Let us know how the install goes!     ~Christopher

phil8736 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: December 08, 2004 at 9:55 AM / IP Logged  

I bought one of these. They do not come with a manual and you can not get a manual. If you jopen the metal box you will see the PC bord. It will tell you what color wire goes to  what. IE red to 12 volts, black to ground, etc.

The guy sold thousands of these on EBAY. Yes it says "no instructions" but the seller knew there is no possible way the average person can install it!

i gave him a really bad feed back and he gave me all my money back. Unless you are a electrical person you will not be able to install it. I spent 8 hours on it. I'm a mech. engineer and I gave up! If you know someone that installs alarms and other items in cars they will be able to figure it out. I have a new Dodge ram pickup and the starter will not work.

I installed new batteries in the remote control button and it did light up. I applied 12 volts dc to the unit itself and it did light up also. The unit probably works if you can figure it out.

If you bought this on EBAY, pressure the seller to give your money back with shipping! Give him a bad feed back if he does not!

Good luck!

PS I bought a good remote stater from PepBoys for $28.00.

philbert
madtechie 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 08, 2004 at 1:38 PM / IP Logged  

Philbert,

Ebay isn't the only place these are being sold; I bought mine from Amazon.com.

~Christopher

linden 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: December 08, 2004 at 9:35 PM / IP Logged  

I recently baught 4 remo starters model#DG-003 to give for xmas gifts and there is no manuals with them,by the sound of it nobody knows if they even work .Does anybody have onde working in their vehicle if so what wires go where , i would kindly appretiate any help at all

thanks

Linden
Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic