icon

2004 Nissan Armada/Infiniti QX56 Wiring

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
installerguy 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: October 19, 2004 at 10:57 AM / IP Logged  
Need wiring diagram for 2004 Nissan Armada Navigation system. I need to splice into the harness from the Nav unit to the display to install an external video source. Any info would be helpful.
thx.
Llajumpvid 
Member - Posts: 35
Member spacespace
Posted: October 19, 2004 at 7:49 PM / IP Logged  

Today must be your lucky day...I haven't been back in here for a few months and just happened to stop by today..

Here you go

2004 Nissan Armada/Infiniti QX56 Wiring -- posted image.

Llajumpvid 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 19, 2004 at 8:18 PM / IP Logged  

2004 Nissan Armada/Infiniti QX56 Wiring -- posted image.

I don't get it, it shows up in the preview. try this link http://us.f1.yahoofs.com/users/d56d66a5/bc/eb67/__sr_/3acc.jpg?phTsbdBBAUJ9yjE2

this is the connector you want http://us.f1.yahoofs.com/users/d56d66a5/bc/eb67/__sr_/c85e.jpg?phTsbdBB_KS4qfWn

fyi (the following is a cut and paste from a different site so some of it might not be info you need.)

How to tie the audio into the factory prewire:

The factory prewired dvd harness is hidden but easy to get to. Take the console part from around the shifter off. Look directly behind the shifter at the bottom of the dash. There are 4 little plastic rivets sticking up. The two on the left is the DVD harness that has the audio and video wiring. Pop the rivets out and you can get to the harness easily without messing with the radio control panel.

If you take the FES Enable and Audio on wires and splice them together you get the HU to think there is the factory DVD on. I got some scotchlok tap/quick release taps and wired my RCA's from the a PIE LD-1 line amp to the left/right audio wires. Yes this audio is also weak like the AUX jack so you need an amp for it as well.
here's the wiring diagram, the harness has video and power as well. Ignore the video as it'll be easier to run your own cable. The audio is on a short row of the harness, I don't remember which side its on but you should be able to figure it out from the wire colors. (white,black,green,red,yellow/blue blue)

http://www.titantalk.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=3448

installerguy 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 25, 2004 at 1:37 PM / IP Logged  
Llajumpvid,
I'm still not able to view the the diagram that you posted. The link doesn't work either.
Is there anything else you could try?
Thanks
installerguy 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 25, 2004 at 2:07 PM / IP Logged  
Llajumpvid,
I came accross some other threads that you participated in on another site - and it appears that you have some experience with what I am trying to do.
I have an AV Electronics switcher (just video inputs, not TV tuner) that I am planning to install in an 2004 Armada. I've been told and have read that you have to splice into the harness behind the display - but it is very hard for me to believe that there is any difference in splicing into the harness closer to the NAV unit?
I want to at least try splicing near the NAV unit before I start pull out the dash. That is why I looking for the wiring diagram.
Any info/photos/guidance that you could provide would be helpful.
Thanks.
Llajumpvid 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 25, 2004 at 2:49 PM / IP Logged  

PM me with an email and I'll forward the diagram to you.  You will need to splice in right behind the monitor....if you want only video to show up...the reason is that there are other things displayed on the monitor other than the map the Nav puts on, like the ac and radio info at the bottom of the screen as well as the other info that doesn't come from the NAV like the trip info, fuel mileage etc.  If you don't tie in there you'll have the other info overlaying on top of the video.  Taking the dash apart is really no big deal. 

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic