icon

'99 Integra FG Box

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
93accordSE 
Copper - Posts: 203
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 25, 2004 at 9:44 PM / IP Logged  
Nope, I might borrow some from my neighbor.
93accordSE 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 27, 2004 at 7:13 PM / IP Logged  

'99 Integra FG Box - Page 4 -- posted image.

Just a little update: Thats just it after it was fleeced and I sanded some of the larger resin bumps out of it, and dremeled the back/bottom overhang of the fleece.

Patpjrick 
Member - Posts: 40
Member spacespace
Posted: October 27, 2004 at 9:49 PM / IP Logged  
that looks very nice, but now how do you paint the whole thing to get the same color effect since the MDF is showing in the back. wouldnt the paint take a different shade to the FG as the MDF?
93accordSE 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 27, 2004 at 10:29 PM / IP Logged  
Yeah, i am going to lay a nice coat of resin over that and sand it, so it will look the same as the rest of the box. My friend wanted me to do it that way. I was going to suggest carpet or leaving it mdf. I am going to need some advice on doing the wiring so its hidden, if anyone could help me that would be awesome.
dxav 
Silver - Posts: 314
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 28, 2004 at 8:20 AM / IP Logged  
    Look sweet. Great job. That amp will fit great up there. You aren't going to see the back of the box right? And how is it going to mount to the car? I would used recessed speaker terminals if the box ever needs to be removed.
     If I had known in the beginning you wanted the wires hidden, I would have suggested using a tube of PVC pipe down the middle in the back of the box. If you cut a hole in the bottom, you could feed the wires under the trunk carpet, thru the box, and up to the sub. Speaker wire from the subs would go there too, but you obviously would need to seal the holes. Now, I really don't know how you would hide the wires.
    Now, you may not be able to hide all the wires. But you may be able to drill holes in the top of the box, to feed speaker wire for the subs (and seal from the inside). Power/GND/Remote, may be a little more tricky.
Keep up the great work.
DXAV
93accordSE 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 28, 2004 at 9:27 AM / IP Logged  
Nah you won't see the back of the box or the bottom. It will fit behind the rear seat in between the wheel wells in the small trunk that the 99 integ has. Thanks for the help.
dxav 
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 28, 2004 at 10:45 AM / IP Logged  
If you can squeeze wires behind the box, it should work ok, but they are going to be seen anyway you look at it. Unless you want to add more glass, and build a channel, but I would want to mess with those nice curves you already have.
What do you think?
DXAV
93accordSE 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 28, 2004 at 5:52 PM / IP Logged  
I don't really want to mess with the fiberglass I have already done. I was going to drill holes close to the amp and run the wires through the box. Same with the speaker wires, run them from the speaker to the amp.
dxav 
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 29, 2004 at 8:24 AM / IP Logged  
Sorry, 93, I meant "but I would NOT want to mess with those nice curves you already have."
As long as you seal (from the inside) where ever you drill into the box, you should be ok.
Sorry for the confusion.
DXAV
93accordSE 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 30, 2004 at 10:37 PM / IP Logged  

Update:

I have started laying the fiberglass mat. And will hopefully finish tomorrow. I will take some more pictures before I start sanding and post them here.

Page of 8

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic