icon

Sound Deadening

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
04mdx4sq 
Copper - Posts: 111
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 04, 2004 at 1:54 PM / IP Logged  
I can say from experience it's not all the same. We had a customer bring in some "sound deadner" from e-bay. It was foil with tar. It became an oily mess that seperated from the car as well as the foil seperating from the tar. Nasty mess that required thorough cleaning before Dynamat Xtreme could be applied. Also soaked into carpet in floor pans, ruining the carpet. Not such a money saver in the end.
jeffchilcott 
Platinum - Posts: 2,483
Platinum spacespace
Posted: November 04, 2004 at 7:15 PM / IP Logged  
rubberized undercoating is availible at any hardware or automotive store, the best stuuf to use is from a company called mar-hyde ina red can,     this they actually carrty in the auto section at walmart!!!   It sucks cause I can sell it cheaper but they still sell it right there.   On the roof I have used undercoating, but what is it on the roof you are looking at flexing rattling?    
2009 0-1000 Trunk WR 154.0DB 2009 1001+ Trunk WR
2007 USACI World Champion
2007 World Record
2006 USACI Finals 2nd Place
DukeDuke 
Silver - Posts: 206
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 04, 2004 at 11:16 PM / IP Logged  
well, i haven't really installed the "new system" in the car yet, I am kind of waiting on till I get all the parts and I don't have to half-ass the install, or wait on a part to arrive, I just want to figure out everything I need, and make sure I have everything, and I am sure I will have to wait on a few things, someone always slips on in a custom install, you know that as well, but I just keep hearing good things about brown bread, the only not so good thing, is the cost, but if it is as good as everyone says I might just do it, I just want to make my car sound the very best as possible, I am putting some money into everything, as you have talked to me before about other questions I have had, you know what I am doing, so I was just seeing what else would help, but thanks everyone for helpin out, if you have any other cheap ideas but good ones, let me know thanks, if anyone wants to hook me up on some b-quite brown bread, or b-quite xtreme, let me know, thanks, it is going in a maxima, so 100Sq feet I guess?????
Duke Duke
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic