the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

corvette bose, no bass

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
dudek38 
Copper - Posts: 250
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 27, 2004 at 12:17 PM / IP Logged  
i got a 99 vette with the bose crap, i mean system. all speaks work fine but theres no bass. ive never seen anything like it. i dont think its a polarity prob, bcuz adjusting the balance to either side doesnt do a thing. the only thing i can think of is a prob with the radio or amp. im not sure if the vette has a separate amp for each speaker or if theres one central amp. it has to be one or the other. i know we dont like bose, and we must ditch it, but i need to be right on this, just incase i put a new deck in it and it still has the problem.
owner of
Motion Marine & Car Audio
the florida keys
sparkie 
Platinum - Posts: 2,061
Platinum spacespace
Posted: October 27, 2004 at 6:40 PM / IP Logged  
There are two speakers in each door. One which runs off the head unit through a sound processor and another larger one which is a subwoofer. Each door sub has an amp to drive it mounted next to the sub. If the amp isn't working or being powered up (Orange and black wires) you'll get sound but no bass. Check for a blown fuse that drives the sub amps.
sparky
dudek38 
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 27, 2004 at 8:46 PM / IP Logged  
ok, i will. will the fuses be in a fuse panel or inline somewhere?
owner of
the florida keys
jstruckman 
Copper - Posts: 465
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 27, 2004 at 9:58 PM / IP Logged  

you are going to need interface to get the bose sub amp to come on, Soundgate makes an interface and harness all-in-one peice for it. It is called the GMCRV1. It has the factory harness, high pass x-over and low pass x-over with adjustable gain to level match the subwoofer with the new H/U. It takes about ten minutes to put in, it is a sweet little piece.

Jazzy

sparkie 
Platinum - Posts: 2,061
Platinum spacespace
Posted: October 28, 2004 at 8:01 PM / IP Logged  
The BOSE fuse is in the fuse panel in the dash. See your owner's manual for the correct location.
sparky
dudek38 
Posted: October 28, 2004 at 9:28 PM / IP Logged  
im gonna check it out tomorrow.
owner of
the florida keys
dudek38 
Posted: November 03, 2004 at 11:41 AM / IP Logged  
one woofer was blown, causing the bose amp fuse to blow. i guess the coil was fused together after blowing, causing a short in the system. i replaced the hole speaker assembly. thanks
owner of
the florida keys

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic