icon

Having problem with remote wire for amp

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
keymaster 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: October 28, 2004 at 2:17 PM / IP Logged  

I'll try to keep this simple.  I have a 97 F-150 Regular cab with the Premium sound system.  It has the factory cd changer behind the seat.  I bought an adapter to connect to the deck to give me RCA outputs.  I can't find a diagram that shows what wire is the REMOTE lead to cut the amp on.

I used the 12 volt switched wire in it's place.  My Rockford Fosgate amp for my subs works fine like this.  But my other amp that I have hooked up for my door speakers stays on regardless if the truck is running.  On top of that there is a loud whining when the truck is running that comes through the speakers. 

There are two harnesses that connect to the back of the radio.  The typical rectangle harness has the (2) 12 volt wires and the ground.  The other square black plug has the speaker wires and I'm assuming the CD changer controls.  This is the plug I believe would have the correct REMOTE lead on it.  There has to be a REMOTE wire to tell the factory amp to cut on.  Does anyone know which wire it is? The diagrams on InstallDr doesn't have the same radio harnesses that I have.

Thanks

Chris

1997 F-150 4.6L Auto Regular Cab
Alpine Mp3 H/U
Kenwood Preamp
Rockford Fosgate Punch 60
2 12" Rockford Fosgate Audiophiles
Small 2-way amp for rear speakers
Custom enclosure for subs made by me
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 28, 2004 at 3:09 PM / IP Logged  
I suggest you simply jumper the mains amp remote on from the sub amp.  Or, you can pull the factory harness for the CD changer and test the wires with a volt meter.  Look for one that is hot with the radio on and not hot with the key off.  As far as your alternator whine, sounds like a bad ground or a bad LOC.
Support the12volt.com
hotwaterwizard 
Silver - Posts: 1,350
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 28, 2004 at 6:01 PM / IP Logged  

https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/detail.asp?info=alarm&year=1997&make=Ford&model=F%20Series&ID=17812&type=Stereo

1997 Ford F Series Stereo Information
Constant 12V+GREEN/ Purple 
Switched 12V+BLACK/ Pink 
GroundBLACK/ Green 
IlluminationLight Blue/Red 
Dimmern/a 
Amplifier RemoteBlue 
AntennaRight Front 
Front Speakers6" x 8" Doors
Left Front (+)Gray/Light Blue 
Left Front (-)Tan / YELLOW 
Right Front (+)WHITE/ Light Green 
Right Front (-)Dark GREEN/ Orange 
Rear Speakers6" x 8" Rear Corners
Left Rear (+)ORANGE / Light Green 
Left Rear (-)Light Blue/White 
Right Rear (+)ORANGE / Red 
Right Rear (-)BROWN / Pink 

John DeRosa (Hotwaterwizard)
Stockton California
When in doubt, try it out !
mossmenace 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: October 28, 2004 at 8:40 PM / IP Logged  
keymaster wrote:

I'll try to keep this simple.  I have a 97 F-150 Regular cab with the Premium sound system.  It has the factory cd changer behind the seat.  I bought an adapter to connect to the deck to give me RCA outputs.  I can't find a diagram that shows what wire is the REMOTE lead to cut the amp on.

I used the 12 volt switched wire in it's place.  My Rockford Fosgate amp for my subs works fine like this.  But my other amp that I have hooked up for my door speakers stays on regardless if the truck is running.  On top of that there is a loud whining when the truck is running that comes through the speakers. 

There are two harnesses that connect to the back of the radio.  The typical rectangle harness has the (2) 12 volt wires and the ground.  The other square black plug has the speaker wires and I'm assuming the CD changer controls.  This is the plug I believe would have the correct REMOTE lead on it.  There has to be a REMOTE wire to tell the factory amp to cut on.  Does anyone know which wire it is? The diagrams on InstallDr doesn't have the same radio harnesses that I have.

Thanks

Chris

well remote wires that i know of are always blue.do you have a remote wire connected to your fosgate?if so take another single wire any color i recommend blue so you will know that is the remote wire, and connect it with the remote on the fosgate then connect it to your other amp. but remote wires are alway blue.
Mr.toadman 
Member - Posts: 22
Member spacespace
Posted: November 30, 2004 at 12:37 AM / IP Logged  
my remote lead from the deck is bad so i need to make a new on n off switch for the amp (remote).i want to mount a lighted toggle switch in place of the ashtray in the front counsel.it had 3 leaads on the back.any ideas on hooking this up?im just lookin for suggestions.could i get power from the old ashtray light?could i possible get really simple and splice a old ciggerett adapter to the toggle switch for power?any ideas please for finding a source of power?i wanna avoid doin the fuse box thing

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic