icon

Is audiobahn really that bad?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
94legend 
Silver - Posts: 237
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 01, 2004 at 7:53 PM / IP Logged  
Audiobahn is an awesome amp / sub woofer. They do justice to SQ or SPL. Depending on the install type. Hey take a look at Xzibit's H1 or H2 Hummer. Hez running  off of audio bahn. lol. Any ways, they are expensive just like any brand name quality sound system. They are awesome if you could afford it. 
Hey Pyrmid, and Boss and so on are decent quality products. the "Flea Market" equipment are excellent products. Just like china town, LA. They serve the same purpose as any other brand product. Heres is an example. Shoes.... How many of us shop at payless shoes store? And how many buys from foot locker and etc.?  Well enough, i'm slowly drifting away from sound system to shoes. I love SONY PRODucts thats for sure!  don't get audio bahns. get sony xplods! ^_^
kfr01 
Gold - Posts: 2,121
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 01, 2004 at 8:12 PM / IP Logged  

1) Xibit or whatever probably gets paid to have that in his car

2) I'm sure he cares about "bling" more than quality sound
3) Audiobahn overrates their sh*t.
4) Audiobahn overprices their sh*t.
5) I think 95% of the people on this board, people that have been around the industry, would never call them "awesome"
6) Just because something is a 'brand' or 'expensive' does not mean it is quality.
7) I don't think I've ever even heard Audiobahn fans associate them w/ SQ.
8) I have no idea where the shoe thing was going ;-)

New Project: 2003 Pathfinder
audiobass10 
Silver - Posts: 328
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 01, 2004 at 8:47 PM / IP Logged  
For what its worth..I've been running 2 12" audiobahn subs (i forget the model number) off an Audiobahn A8000T and have had no problem with either the subs or the amp. Amp tends to get hot..hasn't shut down on my once. The subs do get loud as others have said and sound decent in a sealed enclosure. I'm getting away from audiobahn shortly, but i wouldn't put them in the same class as pyramid and Boss. That's my opinion.
Dave
Pioneer Premier DEH-P660
15" Kicker CVR
Profile AP1000M
It's Loud
pimpincavy 
Silver - Posts: 880
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 02, 2004 at 11:22 AM / IP Logged  
I wouldnt say audiobahn is as bad a pyramid...a 1000 watt pyramid amp pushes a sub as much as it would if you were running it off the HU....
94legend 
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 03, 2004 at 10:00 AM / IP Logged  
kfr01 wrote:

1) Xibit or whatever probably gets paid to have that in his car

2) I'm sure he cares about "bling" more than quality sound
3) Audiobahn overrates their sh*t.
4) Audiobahn overprices their sh*t.
5) I think 95% of the people on this board, people that have been around the industry, would never call them "awesome"
6) Just because something is a 'brand' or 'expensive' does not mean it is quality.
7) I don't think I've ever even heard Audiobahn fans associate them w/ SQ.
8) I have no idea where the shoe thing was going ;-)

HAHHAHAH ROFL NUB audiobahn is awesome!!!   you nub!
94legend 
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 03, 2004 at 10:03 AM / IP Logged  
pimpincavy wrote:
I wouldnt say audiobahn is as bad a pyramid...a 1000 watt pyramid amp pushes a sub as much as it would if you were running it off the HU....
LOL ^_^  what is it 60 RMS x 4?
speedwayaudio1 
Silver - Posts: 879
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 03, 2004 at 11:45 AM / IP Logged  
I have said this before. I don't dis anybody's stuff. Every body thinks their's is the best. I have heard a pyramid system that didn't sound bad at all. not jbl or jl sound, but not bad. My dist guy told me that at spring break nats last time the Audiobahn demo car went smoky smoky. Now if they can't keep there own stuff from smokin, well it makes you think. I have a couple of Boss amps that are 7 years old and still sound good. Every body has good stuff and bad stuff sometimes it's just the luck of the draw. I had a Sony head unit that played well for years. My bro had one that sucked. My buddy had 2 rf 12's and the surounds ripped after 6 months. in fact my Boss amp and planet subs blew away a kid who would come by my booth and tell me that all my stuff was crap. so we had a little sound off in the parking lot and I blew has doors off he was running a 800wrms rf amp and subs. So buy what makes you happy and what you think sounds the best after all your the one who has to hear it.
Big Dave
Rushman 
Silver - Posts: 380
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 03, 2004 at 12:48 PM / IP Logged  
Speedway  , I couldnt have said it better myself. I love my 8 track player and 8" dual cone quadrafonic Realistic Speakers. I have them custom mounted in a matching pair of duct tape covered shoe boxes in the rear deck of my Pinto SS.  Yall know Im just jokin.........Peace
99 F-one fitty
Pioneer Premier H/U
Alpine EQ
Kicker 1200 amp
4 Kicker comp 10s
6 kicker SS65.2 components
speedwayaudio1 
Silver - Posts: 879
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 04, 2004 at 2:20 PM / IP Logged  
I had a 8 track player back in the day, and a radio shack 20watt power booster, and a pair of jenson 6x9 triaxels. It sounded real good for back then, and I'm talkin bout 23 years ago. there is no such thing as a pinto SS. SS or Super Sport is a GM logo. Pinto was a GT. lol.
Big Dave
pimpincavy 
Silver - Posts: 880
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 04, 2004 at 3:23 PM / IP Logged  
94Legend you are a idiot. I dont know where you get off on calling kfr01 a "NUB" (what is he missing a arm, and has a nub there instead or something?). As far as the 60Wx4 comment, im not exactly sure what you mean by that. I was simply trying to make a point of how bad pyramid amps are. As far as the as the flea market crap, if you like it keep buying it. One other question, what do shoes have to do with car audio?
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic