icon

General Questions

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
tpowell25 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: November 05, 2004 at 4:31 AM / IP Logged  

To start off this is my first major system, Granted, I've read a lot of post on here about various products, and have come with a least favorite, let me say it was my choice, and I have payed everything myself....

Here is what I have--------

PAIR AUDIOBAHN AWIS15P 15" IMMORTAL SERIES

PAIR AUDIOBAHN AWIS12P 12" IMMORTAL SERIES
AUDIOBAHN AS69Q 6x9
AUDIOBAHN ACS2093P 6x9
AUDIOBAHN ACIS63
PAIR AUDIOBAHN ACS2035P 3-1/2"
Audiobahn 'AT68' Silk-Dome Tweeters
AUDIOBAHN AT61 COMPONENT TWEETERS

Audiobahn AMD50Q Mid Bass Drivers

Audiobahn ACX402 4"
(PAIR) Audiobahn 'A2300HCT' Amplifier
Audiobahn 'A8002T' Amplifier
Audiobahn 'A4401T' Amplifier

AudioBahn ACAP50 10 farad

KnuKonceptz, powerwires, speaker wires, etc.......

Clarion vrx935 Head unit

The box for the 12's and 15's havent been built yet,  A shop here in town is doing that,

As far as everything else I am doing, is there anythin to stay away from as far as installing, what would be the best way to wire this mess together, have lot of 0 guage, 4, 8 speaker, 12 speaker.....

Oh...this is going in a 1978 Trans am, trunk is to small for subs/ so the top half of the back seat is coming out, amps are going in the trunk,  I plan on useing dynomat in the car and trunk, doors, sides,....

like I said this is my first........and im learning, with that said any advice would be great.......

peace

all

tpowell25 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 05, 2004 at 5:17 AM / IP Logged  

make a corredtion on the head unit, I do not have this unit in hand, I have read mostly good about them some bad, but would this be a decent choice?

thank you

boxmaker85 
Silver - Posts: 433
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 05, 2004 at 8:55 AM / IP Logged  
Ok.  Eventhough it's audiobahan and it might not make a difference (j/k) putting 12" and 15" in one car is not a good idea.  They play at different frequencies and will make a conflicting sound for your bass.  A shop sould have said that....hmm....  Anyways for speaker wire got with the 12 gauge.  If you amplify them that should be good.  If you don't then it won't hurt.  For those subs if you've got 15" then I would concider the 8 gauge.  This isn't my area but I'm repeating what I've heard.  Other than that it looks like a decent system.  I'm not an audiobahan fan but some people have luck with them.  Hopefully you will.  Sounddeaden the car.  That's a big thing with big systems.  It not only stops rattles but blocks out a lot of unwanted noise so you can enjoy the music better.  Brown bread is good, dynamat is good but expensive.  There are a few others you'll just have to look around.
audiobass10 
Silver - Posts: 328
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 05, 2004 at 2:56 PM / IP Logged  

I'd definitely go with 4ga with the 15's...12 is fine for the speakers. BTW those immortals are some loud subs. www.realmofexcursion has a video or two of them..pretty nice.

Dave
Pioneer Premier DEH-P660
15" Kicker CVR
Profile AP1000M
It's Loud
kfr01 
Gold - Posts: 2,121
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 05, 2004 at 3:23 PM / IP Logged  

I agree with boxmaker.  Different sized subs seem like a mistake.  12g is more than enough for any sub's speaker wire.  16g is enough for everything else.

Not to be a jerk, but you have WAY WAY WAY too many tweeters and mids in one system playing the same frequencies.  If you're just trying to get loud, fine.  But my guess is most people will think it sounds absolutely horrible. 

For each of four channels you only want 1 driver playing any set of midrange and high frequencies.  I.e. 1 tweeter in the front left, 1 in the front right, 1 in the rear left, 1 in the rear right.  Any more and you're going to have all kinds of messed up phase and frequency reponse problems.  Some of the frequncy bands will be cancelled, some will be reinforced.  Honestly, it will be a mess.  It is not necessary to fill every single available spot in the car with a speaker or tweeter. 

But like I said, if you don't care at all about sound quality go ahead, install it all.

New Project: 2003 Pathfinder
tpowell25 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 05, 2004 at 7:51 PM / IP Logged  
So lose the 'AT68' Silk-Dome Tweeters
AT61 COMPONENT TWEETERS

Audiobahn ACX402 4"

I would rahter it be done right the first time.......then have to go back in unistall anything.......

Thanks

kfr01 
Gold - Posts: 2,121
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 05, 2004 at 9:01 PM / IP Logged  

Why don't you fill this out:

1)  Front Left:

2)  Front Right:
3)  Rear Left:
4)  Rear Right:

We'll help you plan it.  :)

New Project: 2003 Pathfinder
/r7 
Silver - Posts: 340
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 05, 2004 at 9:05 PM / IP Logged  
PAIR AUDIOBAHN AWIS15P 15" IMMORTAL SERIES
PAIR AUDIOBAHN AWIS12P 12" IMMORTAL SERIES
dont forget either one of those. as the guys said above you'll probably run into conflicts. save yourself some bucks ;-).
depending on what kind of sound you want from those audiobahns would help on choosing which set of subs you want to keep.
tpowell25 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 05, 2004 at 9:19 PM / IP Logged  

Ok...the 12's have a seperate amp

so do the 15's, will I still run into conflicts with them set up this way,

if so would it be better to do 4 12's and forget about the 15's.....

Let me know if this sounds like a plan, with all the crap I have up there.....let me know what to keep and what is to much, 

AUDIOBAHN AS69Q 6x9

AUDIOBAHN ACS2093P 6x9/  component speakers with crossovers
AUDIOBAHN ACIS63 these have a set of 6'' and a set of 4'' with crossovers....
PAIR AUDIOBAHN ACS2035P 3-1/2" with crossovers

I've already forgot I've had these, meaning I will more than likly no use them

Audiobahn 'AT68' Silk-Dome Tweeters

AUDIOBAHN AT61 COMPONENT TWEETERS

Audiobahn ACX402 4"

customsuburb 
Gold - Posts: 1,813
Gold spacespace
Posted: November 05, 2004 at 9:34 PM / IP Logged  
So many speakers. All you will really need is the 6x9s and the 6" with 4" component set. Lose the 3.5" with crossovers also. Go with 4 12s or two 12s or 2 15s but not two 12s and two 15s unless you properly cross them over with each other so both sets of subs arn't playing the same frequencies. I'd go with four 12s and call it a day and it will definitely be loud (if those audiobahns last for more then a day General Questions -- posted image.).
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic