the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

General Questions

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
kfr01 
Gold - Posts: 2,121
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 05, 2004 at 9:57 PM / IP Logged  
I agree with custom.
Front: 6" midbass, 4" component set.
Rear: 1 pair of 6x9's.
Sub: 4 12's if you think you need that much.
Take all the other speakers back.
Then you'll want to cross the front over like this:
6" midbass from 80-350hz
4" component set from 350hz up.
Your front stage can be run off one 4-channel amp. The 6x9's can be run off a 2 channel amp and should be high passed crossed at 80hz.
You'll want your subs low pass crossed at 80hz.
New Project: 2003 Pathfinder
tpowell25 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: November 05, 2004 at 10:12 PM / IP Logged  

Have to say this you guys really saved my ass on this one, I do belive if I wouldnt have come here I would of been in a world of hurt.............

I REALLY APPRICATE THIS.........

will lose everything else that is not needed.....

and will get some pics up when this is all over with.........

TY ALL.

kfr01 
Gold - Posts: 2,121
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 05, 2004 at 10:15 PM / IP Logged  
Anytime! Come back if you have any other questions. General Questions - Page 2 -- posted image.
New Project: 2003 Pathfinder
Rushman 
Silver - Posts: 380
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 05, 2004 at 11:53 PM / IP Logged  
ok , You said its a 78 Trans-AM , bad ass car and your removing the back portion of the back seat. Even still do to the design and dementions of the rear deck and the opening , Im assuming your going to have built the sub box face where the back seat use to be and the rest of the box going into the trunk. Having the subs face into the back of the front seats. Im only asking because Ive done one similar to that in a camero (same body)and there was very little room even for the old school 12s I installed . Those Imortals are so huge in the back Im just concerned about mounting space for the huge basket structure and the space they require. Unless you mount them inverted magnet side out towards the cabin of the car? Just curious how you were going to get 2 - 15s and 2 - 12s all in the rear of that car?
99 F-one fitty
Pioneer Premier H/U
Alpine EQ
Kicker 1200 amp
4 Kicker comp 10s
6 kicker SS65.2 components
tpowell25 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: November 06, 2004 at 12:15 AM / IP Logged  

yes Its a 1978 Macho Trans am, Im not cutting any of the car, the box being built will just replace the back upper and lower seats,  after talking to some folks on here, doing just 4-12;s,  with the amps in the trunk, like in a step pattern.

Just curious.....what is the pros and cons of inverting subs like these? or is it better to have them in a box....

Rushman 
Silver - Posts: 380
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 06, 2004 at 1:09 AM / IP Logged  
for those particular subs theres not much difference in sound mounting them either way. Its all mostly for show. You need to make adjustments on box volume just slightly for mounting them inverted to compinsate for cone displacement. Read the spec sheet on the subs it should explain how much. Im doing a project car for Audiobahn that has 4 - 12' Imortals. Two of the face up and two face down. Just to show all the flashy bling bling on the back of those things. Good Luck with the ride. By the way , those component sets arent too bad. I heard alot of crap about them but they sound pretty decent , in my opinion.
99 F-one fitty
Pioneer Premier H/U
Alpine EQ
Kicker 1200 amp
4 Kicker comp 10s
6 kicker SS65.2 components
boxmaker85 
Silver - Posts: 433
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 06, 2004 at 8:11 AM / IP Logged  
Yeah Rushman's got it.  A sub normally won't sound any different when you mount it inverted.  Make sure that you have the correct wiring though.  If you mount one normal and the other inverted then wire one of them opposite.  This will account for a phase cancelation (that's what you call it right guys?).  But yeah 4 12"s should be rather loud.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic