icon

Type X Subs

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
lathan 
Copper - Posts: 105
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 09, 2004 at 11:43 AM / IP Logged  
my god guys im slippin, i meant 12's...lol really. musta been tired. geez. sorry
Lathan Hites
"I'm sorry, without a credit card I'll be requiring a stool sample"
pacojoebob 
Member - Posts: 15
Member spacespace
Posted: November 12, 2004 at 7:29 PM / IP Logged  
hey he said he got a pair of those amps
Alpine Guy 
Platinum - Posts: 2,478
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 12, 2004 at 7:31 PM / IP Logged  
sweet, ,make shure he gets it all set up properly, he's playing wit alota power there,, a messed up gain setting will most likely end up in some smoked subs.
2003 Chevy Avalanche,Eclipse CD7000,Morel Elate 5,Adire Extremis,Alpine PDX-4.150, 15" TC-3000, 2 Alpine PDX-1.1000, 470Amp HO Alt.
stavy customs1 
Copper - Posts: 63
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 13, 2004 at 12:50 AM / IP Logged  

jeffchilcott wrote:
not to make fun, but i had a guy come in and tell me he just just sold his old sub and was looking for new one's   He told me he had JL 15 W7's     when i told him that jl didnt make a 15w7 only a 13.5 w7 he told me JL made them for him custom for $800 a piece and they were stolen from his truck...He ended up leaveing and last I heard he was running 2 lightning audio 12's from walmart.   haha

HAHA we have kids like that at best buy though they dont buy there stuff from walmart. I know this one kid is ALWAYS In best buy telling me how hes been at frys pricing l7's or w7's and i remember i asked him what he was running in his car one time and he told me he was running 3 12s with a 1000w amp. Im like what brand are they. Hes like "Kinwood" there a rip off of kenwood and they sound so bad ass i almost peed in my pants from laughing so hard.

Best Buy Installer
lathan 
Copper - Posts: 105
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 13, 2004 at 12:21 PM / IP Logged  
yea I install at best buy too, and all the little punk kids working there will surely drive u crazy. Like this one kid who truly believes he wants to run some 12's for mid's... They just get more rediculous every day.
Lathan Hites
"I'm sorry, without a credit card I'll be requiring a stool sample"
tnelson 
Member - Posts: 34
Member spacespace
Posted: November 13, 2004 at 5:42 PM / IP Logged  
the vent on my type x's box puts out my air than my ac vents :) I'm considering running ac ducts from my sub box vents to my dash:)
boostedcivic 
Member - Posts: 37
Member spacespace
Posted: November 13, 2004 at 8:46 PM / IP Logged  

Thanks guys i think runnin two mrd's is gonna sound great,

thanks, jason

tnelson 
Member - Posts: 34
Member spacespace
Posted: November 13, 2004 at 9:06 PM / IP Logged  
Yes.. it will ..I'm currently running two mrds with two type x 12s. It sounds great..and is well over more than I needed.
boostedcivic 
Member - Posts: 37
Member spacespace
Posted: November 13, 2004 at 11:04 PM / IP Logged  

it is gonna be awesome. has anyone worked with a streetwires cap, cause with that amount of power i know iam going to have to run a couple. If not streetwires its ok just anything reliable. I plan on running 1/0 gauge to a dis block and from there 4 gauge to the 2 amps.

Thanks, Jason

uthinkuknoaudio 
Silver - Posts: 760
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 13, 2004 at 11:40 PM / IP Logged  
Everyone has their opinion, and here is mine. I guess i like the type x's, but i think they require too much power to sound good. When i put 750 W of Memphis power into one of them it sounded decent ( i am an SQ critic ) but when i put 1000 W of US amps power into it, it was music to my ears. Give the X's clean power and they will rock. That is the only beef i got with them ... other than that they are good.
"I don't play games. I play Nakamichi and that for real yo" - Probably some japanese kid said this in the early 80's trying to sell stereo out of his trunk lol.
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic