icon

rs cuts off when door is open

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mpathy 
Member - Posts: 47
Member spacespace
Posted: November 06, 2004 at 11:39 AM / IP Logged  

I installed a Ready Start RS/Alarm . It is by design Tech model#24737 . It is installed on a 98' caravan. The issue I am having is that the van is remote started it stays on till the door is open and you enter the van.

Now I have isolated the problem to the door trigger wire but can't figure out how to issolate the wire so the unit does not see feed back. If I have the door trigger wire dissconnected rs works fine. When connected it shuts down then restarts .

I have put a diode on the wire which issolates the issue but when doing so it kills the door trigger for the alarm.

Can anyone help me with this issue?

Thank you in advance .....

mo12v 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 2,748
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 06, 2004 at 6:11 PM / IP Logged  
Did you hook up the DisArm wire from the Remote Start
MO
Don't Learn from Others Mistakes
You Might Be the One That Knows.
mpathy 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 06, 2004 at 8:08 PM / IP Logged  

Disarm wire frm RS to what?

Not sure what you are tryng to say ?

mpathy 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 08, 2004 at 1:49 AM / IP Logged  

Can any one please give me some advice on this issue? I really want to get it taken care of so I have both alarm and remote start working together.

Any and all advise is great ....

meh66 
Copper - Posts: 266
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 08, 2004 at 12:36 PM / IP Logged  
Could you tell us how you connected the remote starter? Typically you connect the disarm wire from the remote starter to the factory disarm in the vehicle.
MEH66
"Car Performance and Mobile Electronic Enthusiats"
jrilla 
Gold - Posts: 1,498
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 08, 2004 at 7:19 PM / IP Logged  
Stupid question: Is the alarm armed when this happens? If so, then everything appears to be working fine.
J Rilla
Owner/Installer
mpathy 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 08, 2004 at 8:18 PM / IP Logged  

jrilla wrote:
Stupid question: Is the alarm armed when this happens? If so, then everything appears to be working fine.

Why would you say it is working fine?

It happens with alarm armed or disarmed. It does not matter. At the monent I have a diode on it so it is not doing it . The RS works fine for the moment but that doors do not triger the alarm as the should .

If I remove the diode alarm works fine doors trigger and all , RS works but cuts out after a few seconds ofdoor being open.

I really want both to work. What can I do ?

mo12v 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 2,748
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 08, 2004 at 8:23 PM / IP Logged  

Don't know if you have Factory Alarm prior to installing RS, if you do then here is wiring

OEM Alarm ArmWHITE/ D GREEN (-)BLACK 14 PIN CONNECTOR
OEM Alarm DisarmWHITE/ D GREEN (-)IN DRIVER KICK PANEL *

Reversal Rest At Ground Power Window Circuit 

* OEM Arm & Disarm Is The Same As Door Lock Wire. Requires Chassis Ground Thru A 4020 Ohm Resistor To Arm And Chassis Ground Thru A 665 Ohm Resistor To Disarm OEM Alarm.

MO
Don't Learn from Others Mistakes
You Might Be the One That Knows.
mpathy 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 08, 2004 at 8:37 PM / IP Logged  
No factory alarm
jrilla 
Gold - Posts: 1,498
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 08, 2004 at 9:11 PM / IP Logged  
What I meant was that starter alarm combos typically shut down the car if a zone is violated and the car has been remote started. If this happens whether armed or disarmed, I would guess faulty install or faulty unit. By any chance did you install a hood pin and connect it to your door trigger so the alarm would detect the hood opening? If you did, did you diode isolate the hood pin from the door trigger?
J Rilla
Owner/Installer
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic