icon

Good Comp Set?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Vandals909 
Copper - Posts: 88
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 06, 2004 at 11:56 AM / IP Logged  

I was wondering what a good component set is for a 04 silverado for around $200-400? Is just mounting them in the doors going to sound good? Thanks!!
Rushman 
Silver - Posts: 380
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 06, 2004 at 12:47 PM / IP Logged  
I have 3 pairs of the Kicker SS65.2 components in my truck and I love them. One of the sets is mounted in the door in place of the factory 6 x 8s. All I had to do was cut a piece of 1/2 mdf to fit the 6 x 8 location and then cut holes and mount the new Kickers on the mdf. Alot easier than it sounds and much worth it. If I remember I paid about $250 a pair.
99 F-one fitty
Pioneer Premier H/U
Alpine EQ
Kicker 1200 amp
4 Kicker comp 10s
6 kicker SS65.2 components
Rushman 
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 06, 2004 at 12:49 PM / IP Logged  

http://www.kicker.com/ShowPage.cfm?filename=04kickerss.html&menu=MIDTWEET

Check out those Kickers here........

99 F-one fitty
Pioneer Premier H/U
Alpine EQ
Kicker 1200 amp
4 Kicker comp 10s
forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 06, 2004 at 12:49 PM / IP Logged  

MB Quart makes a great oversize midbass driver that comes with all of their component speakers. I personally like the sound of these fine speakers and they are definitely within the price range that you are considering. Make sure that when you are installing these speakers that you also sound deaden the doors with Brown Bread to help improve your midbass response and to keep the doors from resonating.

Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
Vandals909 
Copper - Posts: 88
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 06, 2004 at 1:23 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the help! Now with subs.  I was originally thinking  2 jl 10w3v2's but now I'am thinking that 2  10"w6v2's would sound better. Would they and are they worth the extra money?  Also has anyone every seen these subs in a 99+ silverado under that back seat? Thanks again!
Rushman 
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 06, 2004 at 1:55 PM / IP Logged  
My friend had a single 10" JL10w3 under the back seat of his siverado. It was powered by a Kenwood mono amp. (I dont remember model #). I was very impressed how smooth and tight the bass was. It was set up as a SQ system but there was still pretty good bass from the single 10" sub.
99 F-one fitty
Pioneer Premier H/U
Alpine EQ
Kicker 1200 amp
4 Kicker comp 10s
Jeffpaulus 
Member - Posts: 29
Member spacespace
Posted: November 06, 2004 at 2:38 PM / IP Logged  

Vandals,

Every set of speakers is different, you should really try to listen to them before you purchase them. I am really impressed with Kenwood Excelon's $275 KFCXR61P speakers, 6 1/2" seperates.  They sound great and are very shallow mounts.

Deck -     Eclipse CD8443 - $475
Speakers - Boston BAZ5 - $1000
Amp -      Alpine MRV-T420 - $400
Car -      1988 PLymouth Colt - $450, it's been rolled!
/r7 
Silver - Posts: 340
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 06, 2004 at 5:57 PM / IP Logged  
for the speakers question,
i have a set of Phoenix Gold TiElites 5 1/4's
if i had a sub i dont think i'd want to hear how loud my fronts would get not having to play any low, they are very loud and dont distort if kept in reasonable (non-deffing levels), they can handle 300RMS and i've only put a strong 50watts to them. pricewise, i found mine for less price, than the kickerSS's of the same size, and i also was able to purchase a dash mounted EQ. im very happy with these speakers, my only regret was not going to 6.5's lol

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic