Need help installing Remote Starter

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
angelgill 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: November 06, 2004 at 10:19 PM / IP Logged  

Hello there,

I am in the process of putting Bulldog Security's RS 821 in my sister-in-law's vehicle. The car is 1999 Oldsmobile Intrigue with Passlock 2. I did an install earlier this year in our Dodge Caravan which does not have an alarm system so the install was fairly easy, but the Intrigue does have the factory alarm system.

So far after spending hours on it, I have been able to hook up the RS Module to the wires in the ignition harness (which was a pain to get out and locate Need help installing Remote Starter - Last Post -- posted image. ) but wiring the Universal Alarm Bypass Module and the relay through to the RS Module is what has me lost. The instructions that came with both of the modules aren't proving very helpful at this stage or maybe I am simply not the brightest light in the harbor! Whatever the case may be.

I have been trying for several hours now and Bulldog Security's website has been down for some odd reason. Hopefully someone will be able to rise to the occasion and help out this desperate man. I will take all the help I can get.

Thank you very much in advance.

Have a good night!

Falcon 1 
Copper - Posts: 130
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 06, 2004 at 10:23 PM / IP Logged  
What type of problem are you having with the bypass module? Which bypass module are you using?
Do it right the first time, only a doctor can bury his mistakes.
angelgill 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 06, 2004 at 10:41 PM / IP Logged  

Falcon 1 wrote:
What type of problem are you having with the bypass module? Which bypass module are you using?

Thanks for replying Falcon1.

• The bypass module I am using is from DesignTech called "Universal Alarm Bypass Module".
  • The problem is that I cannot figure out what wires do I attach to the relay (Part # 775); are they from the 9-Pin harness of the RS Module or am I missing some wires that I should have had?
  • The BP module in the instructions, says to take off the lower half of the steering cover [DONE] find the 3-wire harness which for cars is supposed to be White, Yellow and Black {I think, don't have the instructions in front of me at the moment}. Now the trouble is that there is NO 3-WIRE HARNESS although there are about 20 other wires in different harnesses. What am I supposed to do here? How do I find out which wires to hook up to the BP module ?

Hopefully I was able to give you the information you asked for. Any questions please let mw know. Once again, thank you!

Falcon 1 
Copper - Posts: 130
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 06, 2004 at 10:51 PM / IP Logged  
The 3 wire colors you listed are correct these are very small gauge wires coming off the ignition switch usually in their own wrapped harness.
Do it right the first time, only a doctor can bury his mistakes.
angelgill 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 06, 2004 at 10:55 PM / IP Logged  

Falcon 1 wrote:
The 3 wire colors you listed are correct these are very small gauge wires coming off the ignition switch usually in their own wrapped harness.

There are you again Falcon 1. You are the man. Thanks for helping me so far. I will go outside once again and look for those wires and if I need further help, I guess I'll just post it here.

[I did try looking for the wires before, didn't see them but will try again!]

Thanks.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic