icon

Remote starter cranks, won't start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
yrfc123 
Member - Posts: 17
Member spacespace
Posted: November 08, 2004 at 9:19 PM / IP Logged  

I have this strange problem with my compustar 2wss-as.  It's on a 2002 Acura RSX.  When I try remote-starting it, it will crank the engine, and continue to crank for about 3 seconds.  Car won't start.  Then it stops, and then tries again on its own.  On the second try, it WILL start.  I have no idea why it's doing this.  Anyone have any ideas?

audiopro111 
Copper - Posts: 160
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 08, 2004 at 9:29 PM / IP Logged  
make sure u have correct tach wire also try programming tach at higher rpms around 1200 rpms
AudioPro111
yrfc123 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 08, 2004 at 9:40 PM / IP Logged  

audiopro111 wrote:
make sure u have correct tach wire also try programming tach at higher rpms around 1200 rpms

The thing is, it doesn't sound like it's cutting out too early.  It cranks and cranks and cranks, and won't start.  I always thought the tach sense wire only told the alarm when to STOP sending 12v to the starter.

daniel2002p 
Silver - Posts: 524
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 08, 2004 at 9:43 PM / IP Logged  
are you using a key bypass?
2005 Toyota Corolla S
    1.8L VVT-i I-4
Always double check your wires with a DMM!!!
Do Not Use A Test Light!!!
MECP Certified Installer!
Best Buy 665 - IN IT TO WIN IT! TEAM MOBLE!
yrfc123 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 08, 2004 at 9:50 PM / IP Logged  

daniel2002p wrote:
are you using a key bypass?

I know for a fact that this is not an immobilizer bypass problem.  The Acura RSX wiring kills the starter when the key is not detected.  So, it will not even crank if it were the immobilizer problem.  Nothing would happen, it's just as if you didn't bypass the clutch.

I know that for certain other cars, such as the lexus is300, the car will attempt to crank, with the improper key.  This is not the case with the RSX.

yrfc123 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 08, 2004 at 9:56 PM / IP Logged  

Also, if it were the immobilizer problem, a green key icon should flash if the bypass wasn't functioning.

And why would it work on the 2nd try and not the first?

*shrug*

Blackiewrx 
Copper - Posts: 56
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 08, 2004 at 10:12 PM / IP Logged  
Maybe there is a second ignition wire that needs to be energized during the remote start, but i never recall having that problem on those cars.  did you print out the techsoft sheet? is there anything wierd on there?
03 wrx stage 4
extreme1 
Silver - Posts: 1,070
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 08, 2004 at 10:19 PM / IP Logged  
12 VOLTS white + ignition harness    
STARTER 1 BLACK/ white + ignition harness    
IGNITION 1 BLACK / YELLOW + ignition harness    
IGNITION 2 BLACK/ red + ignition harness    
ACCESSORY 1 WHITE/ red + ignition harness    
Immobilizer Use DEI part number 555I or 555U.    
Special Note Clutch bypass for manual start is a Light Green wire at clutch switch and requires a negative signal during crank
Shaughn Murley
Install Manager, Dealer Services
Visions Electronics
Red Deer, Alberta
fbird08 
Copper - Posts: 90
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 09, 2004 at 12:03 AM / IP Logged  

I've found a really really easy was to figure out if it is the key bypass or the wiring is to do this.

First just put the key in the ignition, dont turn it, and remote start the car if it starts up first try you have a problem with the bypass or for some reason you may have to power up the keysense wire (never really had to power up the keysense but ya know try it with a jumper wire before you go messing with the bypass).

Second, if the car still fails to start first try with the key in it, put the key in it as you did the first time and remote start it but this time as the rs powers up all the ignition wires before it cranks turn the key to the on or run positon. This way if there is something that needs to be powered up during crank the key will do it and you know you have to go hunting for an ignition wire that is not being powered during crank.

If the car stillllllllllll fails to start first try then there may be a second starter wire or the car's battery my be bad (I had the battery problem in a 2000 eclipse it would try to start and druing crank the car's voltage level would drop to 7 or 8 volts and the rs would just stop cranking but second try it would start right up because the first try got stuff moving or something i dunno haha, it worked fine after the battery got replaced). In the case of the RSX I highly doubt there is a second starter wire so if you get this far I would check the car battery.

Money is just paper
Power is fleeting
But your word is everything,
If your word means nothing,
You are nothing...think about it

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic