icon

Alpine

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
boostedcivic 
Member - Posts: 37
Member spacespace
Posted: November 13, 2004 at 11:31 PM / IP Logged  

Which head unit do you think is better the IVA D901 or the IVA D300, I havent had much experience with touchscreens and dont know wether they are worth it or not. Just wanted some opinions.

Thanks, Jason

uthinkuknoaudio 
Silver - Posts: 760
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 13, 2004 at 11:32 PM / IP Logged  
I personally don't like touchscreen because i have seen a lot of malfunctions on them and a lot of refurbs. What are you looking for in a head unit?

"I don't play games. I play Nakamichi and that for real yo" - Probably some japanese kid said this in the early 80's trying to sell stereo out of his trunk lol.
boostedcivic 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 13, 2004 at 11:38 PM / IP Logged  
basically just sumthing to play any kind of media I throw at it, the preamp voltage matters more than the output power because I am going to run an external four channel amp any way. I would also like to be able to have a pretty good crossover setup too.
uthinkuknoaudio 
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 13, 2004 at 11:44 PM / IP Logged  
Still i don't know what your looking for. List things like your music preference, common goals like SQ (sound quality) vs Head Banging Blow your winshield off style (More like SPL). I run a Nakamichi head unit and it blows practically anything away that i have put it up to.

check in to Nak, you might like it. (Particularly check out the new CD-400)

P.S. They look like a stock unit, so they are not really flashy but that .001 % THD makes the sure difference in sound quality.
"I don't play games. I play Nakamichi and that for real yo" - Probably some japanese kid said this in the early 80's trying to sell stereo out of his trunk lol.
boostedcivic 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 13, 2004 at 11:50 PM / IP Logged  

thats incredible, sorry for not being more specific, pretty much SQ but If I want to turn it up I still want to have that option. Basically hip hop, I dont really care about  a monitor because I dont need to watch DVD video anyway.

Thanks, Jason

lathan 
Copper - Posts: 105
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 14, 2004 at 12:12 AM / IP Logged  
for the two units you mentioned- you dont have to believe me if u want, but there the exact same thing except for the 901 has green lights and the other has blue. I was at american a month ago or so when  their alpine rep was in and when I asked him thats what he told me. hope this helps. peace
Lathan Hites
"I'm sorry, without a credit card I'll be requiring a stool sample"
Alpine Guy 
Platinum - Posts: 2,478
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 14, 2004 at 4:18 PM / IP Logged  
if your going for sq stay away from the screens, ,thay have like 3 v outputs, , ,go to a cda-9835 if you want alpine.
2003 Chevy Avalanche,Eclipse CD7000,Morel Elate 5,Adire Extremis,Alpine PDX-4.150, 15" TC-3000, 2 Alpine PDX-1.1000, 470Amp HO Alt.
uthinkuknoaudio 
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 14, 2004 at 7:05 PM / IP Logged  
Well my opinion rests that if you want a great head unit with outstanding sq, you can't beat the CD-400 for the money. You can find them on ebay for $259-$299 and they will sound crystal clear and produce those warm notes with perfect clarity. For hip hop, it has a built in parametric equalizer so you can adjust how you want it to sound for any kind of music. You can pump up that bass untill you turn blue, or increase your mids and high's and make your ears feel wonderful at how undistorted the signal is at even high volumes. Stick with that HU and you will not regret it. Keep me posted on what you decide to do.
jeffchilcott 
Platinum - Posts: 2,483
Platinum spacespace
Posted: November 14, 2004 at 8:28 PM / IP Logged  
I will say the same here. unless you want to add a line dirver in to the mix, then stay away form anything with less then a 4 volt output.   As far as the touch screens go I hope youu like cleaning cause youll have to clean it quite often to make it preform properly
2009 0-1000 Trunk WR 154.0DB 2009 1001+ Trunk WR
2007 USACI World Champion
2007 World Record
2006 USACI Finals 2nd Place
uthinkuknoaudio 
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 14, 2004 at 8:31 PM / IP Logged  
The Nak HU puts out 4V and 47 W x 4 built in just incase your wondering ... It truly is a fantastic head unit. Another plus is it looks kind of like a stock HU so people won't want to steal it like they would want one of those flashy things. lol. Nak is the yellow brick road my friend.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic