icon

what do you think about this system?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
djdirtysouf 
Member - Posts: 25
Member spacespace
Posted: November 14, 2004 at 4:32 PM / IP Logged  

Wat up Yall i have some questions about my system!! feel free to answer thanks!! below is wat is in my 67 ford mustang!

Okay

-----------------------
Optima Yellow Top
Aiwa CDCZ137
2  Power Acoustic Built N Crossover Tweeters
2  6-1/2"Alpine SPS-170A
2  12"RockfordFosgate Punch HE2 Woofers (RFP4212)
RockfordFosgate Punch 801S Amplifier
Subzone h-122 enclosure
knukoncept Wiring
Dynamat Trunk Kit
-----------------------
thats what i have!! in a 67 ford mustang!

okay i have those 2 12" he2's there 4ohm DVC 400wattRMS 800wattMAX EACH connected to a 2 channel 801s rockford amp im running each sub to each channel which its 2 channels and 2 subs. okay would that be perfect?

Okay and the wiring is knukoncept, okay the 0 gauge is gonna be fused by the battery with a 300amp fuse and fuse holder, im running 0 gauge to my trunk cuts off at a distro block , then from the distro im runnin an 8 gauge to the amplifier, and using pair of twisted shielded rca's i think there knu koncept too, is that good wiring way i did it?

subzone box h-122 is made up of 3/4in of MDF , its 1.4cubic ft each chamber and its for 2 12" woofers, so would them he2's be good for this box?

and the trunk has dynamat and its an old car !!

wat do you think about this system think it sounds or would sound good!!????

or wat are your oppinions on this or what?
thanks!!!

Rockford Fosgate
aggie altima 
Silver - Posts: 298
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 14, 2004 at 4:49 PM / IP Logged  
If it sounds good to you, then you should be happy with it. If you are asking if you should you switch anything out, then that's a completely different story. My friend had an Aiwa head unit, and he ended up taking it out because CD's were always skipping. As for your power wiring, are you upgrading to more powerful amplifiers? If not, then 0 gauge is overkill, and the 300 amp fuse won't really protect anything.
Jon
Don't like rockford subs? Then don't look at my car =)
customsuburb 
Gold - Posts: 1,813
Gold spacespace
Posted: November 14, 2004 at 4:57 PM / IP Logged  
Get rid of those Power Acoustik tweeters also.
heavilymedicate 
Silver - Posts: 328
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 14, 2004 at 4:57 PM / IP Logged  
You need to amplify your fullrange speakers.  That AIWA deck has no internal crossovers; so, on top of being underpowered, they will be reproducing low frequencies.  You will probably get decent volume out of the front if you just add a amplifier to those Alpines.  I assume you are going for loud and not for sound quality?  Get a cheap 2 or 4 channel amp.  If you get a cheap 2 run the alpines off it.  I did not even try to look up the tweeters, post the specs.  If the tweets are decent, get a 4 channel and run them and the alpines off it.  Sounds like you have the bass side more then covered.  When you get an amp, cross the 6.5's over at 80-120hz, depends on the crossover slope, power your giving then, listening tastes, other factors.  Cross the tweeters over as high as the highpass will go (most will only go to around 250hz or so).  If you dont get an amp your going to have crappy highs/mids and lots of bass.  Hurray...   If I were you I would buy better fullrange speakers, if you have not bought yours already.
heavilymedicate 
Silver - Posts: 328
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 14, 2004 at 5:00 PM / IP Logged  
Matter of fact if you have not bought the stuff already, id get different equipment entirely...
djdirtysouf 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 14, 2004 at 5:14 PM / IP Logged  

UMM Okay thanks for the replies!!!

okay so should i just get  a 4 gauge kit for that rockford fosgate 801s amplifier??!!!!?

i know this aiwa deck sucks but it hasnt skipped alot!!! and these alpines and tweeters sound crisp and loud and good sound quality im serious!! but i bet if i run them off another amp itd cramp them up more the cheapest amp thats pretty small i have is a 444watt sony exploded amp lol maybe if i hook that up with the alpines and tweeters? and the bass would that sound good?  well or wat can i do for them alpines to sound even louder i guess ill leave the tweeters on the deck !

Rockford Fosgate
kfr01 
Gold - Posts: 2,121
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 14, 2004 at 5:50 PM / IP Logged  
1) Seriously get rid of the extra tweeters. You should only have one pair of tweeters on any given channel.
2) Put bass blockers on your Alpines.
These two changes will greatly increase the sound quality for next to no cost.
If you want to take the next step do this:
3) Put the best quality 6.5" components you can afford in kick panels. Buy a decent quality amplifier to drive them.
You should be fine for the bass as long as the box is anywhere near close to the right size. Remember to get professional help setting the gains or do sufficient research to do it yourself. It isn't a volume control. Set the sub amps low pass crossover at 80 or 100hz.
New Project: 2003 Pathfinder
haemphyst 
Platinum - Posts: 5,054
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 14, 2004 at 6:23 PM / IP Logged  
aggie altima wrote:
As for your power wiring, are you upgrading to more powerful amplifiers? If not, then 0 gauge is overkill, and the 300 amp fuse won't really protect anything.
No, I have to disagree... There is NO SUCH THING as too much power wire, (Point of diminishing returns? POSSIBLY. But too much? NEVER) and YES the 300 amp fuse will protect. It will protect exactly what is SUPPOSED to protect - the car! If the power cable's insulation is compromised in ANY way, the fuse will blow, and not burn the car to the ground. The 300 amp fuse he has installed is not SUPPOSED to protect the amps...
It all reminds me of something that Molière once said to Guy de Maupassant at a café in Vienna: "That's nice. You should write it down."
uthinkuknoaudio 
Silver - Posts: 760
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 14, 2004 at 6:47 PM / IP Logged  

I would get rid of the whole setup to be honest ... I really don't like it and i don't think it will sound good. May I suggest the following: (1) Keep the Optima, great batter (2) Lose the AIWA, uprade to Alpine or Pioneer (3) Destroy the Power Acoustik tweeters and replace with Boston's, a/d/s, or even fosgate's new ones are good (4) Lose the alpine 6.5'' and replace with either a cadence CVL-6K, Nakamichi SP-S6500, or CDT EF-61's. Those will sound great. (5) Lose the HE series subs, they suck (sorry to be blunt). The HX2's are a lot better woofer and far more durable and i think they are fosgates best subs (excluding the TEAM FOSGATES). (6) Change the amplifier according to your woofers. Stick with company's like alpine, cadence, us amps, mmats, or even stick with fosgate (some of the new ones ain't bad) (7) Change the enclosure to whatever subs you get, subzone makes a decent enclosure. (8) Wire is wire, so keep it. (9) Keep the dynamat, that is always good. This is a real system and it will sound great. You should spend less than $1500 if you do it all on ebay and it is all good stuff. Good luck

"I don't play games. I play Nakamichi and that for real yo" - Probably some japanese kid said this in the early 80's trying to sell stereo out of his trunk lol.
djdirtysouf 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 14, 2004 at 7:07 PM / IP Logged  
yeah i know thaat would be great but that is all i can afford and i want it to sound good just with few adjustments like kfr01 said   thats all i can spend on a system right now maybe laters ill upgrade a lil but this is all i can put
Rockford Fosgate
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic