icon

brahma or shiva

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
hightek 
Copper - Posts: 223
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 17, 2004 at 2:52 PM / IP Logged  

well i ordered my brahma last night so that takes care of the sub issue. but now for amps, i was looking at the cadence z8000 or elemental designs nine.1, there are a few others but i can't remember off the top of my head, one is a JL i think. any suggestions?

also what are the pros and cons of running the sub at 4 ohm or 1 ohm? i'm pretty sure those are the only options i have when wiring the sub correct?

Steven Kephart 
Platinum - Posts: 1,737
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 17, 2004 at 3:59 PM / IP Logged  
hightek wrote:

well i ordered my brahma last night so that takes care of the sub issue. but now for amps, i was looking at the cadence z8000 or elemental designs nine.1, there are a few others but i can't remember off the top of my head, one is a JL i think. any suggestions?

I've heard good things about the Cadance amp.  One of our dealers swears by them.  As for the ED amp, I have heard a lot of horror storries, so I recomend at least doing some homework first.

hightek wrote:
also what are the pros and cons of running the sub at 4 ohm or 1 ohm? i'm pretty sure those are the only options i have when wiring the sub correct?

The main benifit of running at a lower impedance is that most amps put out a lot more power down low.  However depending on your goals/install, you might not need a lot of power. 

Steven Kephart

Adire Audio

hightek 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 17, 2004 at 4:08 PM / IP Logged  
alright, so then seeing how you work for Adire Steven would you recommend running the brahma at 4 or 1 ohm?
Steven Kephart 
Platinum - Posts: 1,737
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 17, 2004 at 4:19 PM / IP Logged  

To the sub, it really doesn't matter.  Power is power.  Where it matters is to the amplifier, and which impedance you choose will depend on the amplifier you buy.  It's going to be a lot more expensive getting an amplifier that will do 1000 watts at 4 ohms than one that will do 1000 watts at 1 ohm. 

What size enclosure are you going with? 

Steven Kephart

Adire Audio

hightek 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 17, 2004 at 8:07 PM / IP Logged  
i was planning on going with an enclosure around 1.5 or 2 probably, so that needs i'm assuming like around 600 watts correct?
uthinkuknoaudio 
Silver - Posts: 760
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 17, 2004 at 8:12 PM / IP Logged  
I have a cadence amp and i love it. Very clean yet very powerful. I have the ZRS-9 and the ZRS-4. They are great amps i highly recommend all cadence products. Heres a picture of one of them (oh by the way you'll see a shoe in the middle. That is my size 13 mens just to let you know how big that box is and an idea of how big the amp is (This is the ZRS-4 , the smaller of the two.)                                                                                           brahma or shiva - Page 2 -- posted image. It is also wider than my box for my two JBL 12''s.
"I don't play games. I play Nakamichi and that for real yo" - Probably some japanese kid said this in the early 80's trying to sell stereo out of his trunk lol.
hightek 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 17, 2004 at 8:25 PM / IP Logged  
anyone have any experience with autotek amps? good or bad?
uthinkuknoaudio 
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 17, 2004 at 8:26 PM / IP Logged  

Pieces of crap if you ask me... I've hated everyone i have heard.

"I don't play games. I play Nakamichi and that for real yo" - Probably some japanese kid said this in the early 80's trying to sell stereo out of his trunk lol.
hightek 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 17, 2004 at 8:30 PM / IP Logged  
how about autotek amps? good or bad?
uthinkuknoaudio 
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 17, 2004 at 8:32 PM / IP Logged  
once again, pieces of crap- horrible experiences with them. Despite specs, hi distortion throwing pieces of crap. I'd buy a volfenhag before i'd buy an autotek.
Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic