icon

brahma or shiva

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
hightek 
Copper - Posts: 223
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 17, 2004 at 9:24 PM / IP Logged  
my bad about the same two posts, my computer is all wack right now.
uthinkuknoaudio 
Silver - Posts: 760
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 17, 2004 at 9:31 PM / IP Logged  
its ok lol, crap happens
"I don't play games. I play Nakamichi and that for real yo" - Probably some japanese kid said this in the early 80's trying to sell stereo out of his trunk lol.
hightek 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 18, 2004 at 6:03 PM / IP Logged  

alright, now another question, i've heard some people talk about the jbl 1200.1. any ideas? yay or nay? i think the cadence z8000 would be a nice amp, the problem is there isn't a dealer around me. the cheapest thing for me would be to fly to tuscon, 81 round trip. although i was looking at the ED nine.1 more and more.

the second part is a box. i want to custom build one. i'm worried about the weight and everything of the woofer though.i sort of have an idea in my head on what i would like it to look like but do not know if it would hold the beast. i saw the subzero box webpage and that design looks ill. is it worth the 300 bones, or however much it is? one nice thing i thought about building my own box would be incorporating an amp rack into. i was thinking if i can pull off building my own box for the brahma the i would try and incorporate some of the subzero ideas (i.e. a motor mount for the woofer). is this a bad idea?

uthinkuknoaudio 
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 18, 2004 at 6:48 PM / IP Logged  
You can get the cadence Z8000 at www.woofersetc.com with the full warrantee. I love that JBL but the Cadence is still in another league - so i would get that one. I have 2 cadence amps and i love them!
"I don't play games. I play Nakamichi and that for real yo" - Probably some japanese kid said this in the early 80's trying to sell stereo out of his trunk lol.
hightek 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 18, 2004 at 6:53 PM / IP Logged  
have u ever ordered off there? seeing how this is my first time really ordering anything online i want to make sure i don't get ripped, you know.
uthinkuknoaudio 
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 18, 2004 at 7:03 PM / IP Logged  
everything went smooth for me, it should go smooth for you. I order lots of stuff off of there - never had a problem ! I highly recommend!
hightek 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 18, 2004 at 7:14 PM / IP Logged  

sweet! now the problem is do i want the Z8000 or the Z9000???

any recommendations?

uthinkuknoaudio 
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 18, 2004 at 7:19 PM / IP Logged  
I would get the Z9000. It runs at 0.044% like the other one but if you ever upgrade you'll have the extra power. Also, i'd get teh Z9000cf version, it has that carbon fiber look to it rather than that bright orange. your looking at 500 W vs 800 W, so i'l roll with the 800 W in case you ever need that power later on ! Cadence all the way!
hightek 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 18, 2004 at 7:49 PM / IP Logged  
my next question, as if they will stop brahma or shiva - Page 3 -- posted image., i'll probably need to upgrade something electrical right? i was thinking just going straight with a new HO alternator. i'm not quite sure where to find them or how many amps i will need. i was also thinking just get a yellowtop or something like that. any suggestions?
uthinkuknoaudio 
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 18, 2004 at 8:27 PM / IP Logged  
Just get a yellow top optima. Really that is all you need since that is the biggest current draw you'll have , unless you put two of those in then you'll need a ho alt. I need both because i got a ZRS 9 and a ZRS 4 sucking up 180 amps of juice! That optima is a life saver though!
Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic