icon

Weird humming prob

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
uthinkuknoaudio 
Silver - Posts: 760
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 18, 2004 at 8:18 PM / IP Logged  
That is a good idea, but pray its not your ground ... I would hate to lend my buddy an amp for 5 minutes and have it blow up lol.
"I don't play games. I play Nakamichi and that for real yo" - Probably some japanese kid said this in the early 80's trying to sell stereo out of his trunk lol.
Steven Kephart 
Platinum - Posts: 1,737
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 18, 2004 at 11:46 PM / IP Logged  

Hehe, I know exactly what it is.  Your clue that you are using your factory head unit is what gives it away. 

You are using high level inputs on the amp,  that are hooked up to the rear speakers, right?  Well when you shut your door, the difference of air pressure moves the cones of the speakers, thereby creating a signal that your amplifier amplifies to the subwoofers which move and in turn vibrate the rear speakers even more.  You get a wierd low frequency feedback going on. 

How do you have your remote turn on hooked up?  If you can hook it up to the ignition of your vehicle, then the amplifier won't turn on until you put the key in the car.  This should take care of your problem unless you close your door with the vehicle turned on.  The other thing you can do is get the signal from the front speakers instead.  You may still get a noise from the subs when you close the doors, but it won't feed back on itself as the subs shouldn't move the front speakers like the rear speakers.  Good luck!

Steven Kephart

Adire Audio

xtremsounds 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: November 20, 2004 at 12:35 AM / IP Logged  
when you installed  your system did you run the power wires and the rca's next to eachother  ? Sometimes if you buy cheaper powerwire  the wire is'nt sheilded enough . which means your rca's are recieving a volt signal from the power wire causeing interference  if it only does it when the car is on and it doesnt raise up and down when you rev your engine it means   from 12 volts the power isnt strong enough to bleed through power wire   , but  when it reaches 14 volts then the shield fails   try moving your rcas away from the power wire and see if it stops if that doesnt help  get a ground loop isolator  should be around 15.00 for a good one    i sell a tsunami piece that is the best on the market  if your interested  i could send you one   PAC makes a good one too   Good Luck  oh by the way the 200 wattt amp should only need  10 guage to 8 guage
xtremsounds 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: November 20, 2004 at 12:43 AM / IP Logged  
oops i missed one of your replys if its not your rca's. steven is right , best thing in this case  i would do is get speaker baffles  so the pressure doesnt change , and also defiantly change your remote wire  to ignition if its not already on there
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic