icon

Diamond Audio vs Eclipse Subs

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
uthinkuknoaudio 
Silver - Posts: 760
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 17, 2004 at 8:19 PM / IP Logged  
Consider US Amps. They make the best amplifiers in the world (Just have the money in your hand). A Cadence amp could power that without blinking an eye as well, with extreme clarity (<0.034 % THD) ... Two Cadence amps that I recommend for you would be the ZRS-9 or the ZRS-10. Check them out at www.cadencesound.com
"I don't play games. I play Nakamichi and that for real yo" - Probably some japanese kid said this in the early 80's trying to sell stereo out of his trunk lol.
Lizardking 
Copper - Posts: 184
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 17, 2004 at 11:54 PM / IP Logged  
I was thinking about the Diamond 1200.1 to power those subs.. As for the power ratings of the USAcoustics amp I got that from USAcoustics. Is running those subs at a 1ohm load a bad thing?
uthinkuknoaudio 
Silver - Posts: 760
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 17, 2004 at 11:57 PM / IP Logged  
Unless your amp is 1/2 ohm stable yeah
"I don't play games. I play Nakamichi and that for real yo" - Probably some japanese kid said this in the early 80's trying to sell stereo out of his trunk lol.
Lizardking 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 18, 2004 at 12:18 AM / IP Logged  
What you mean 1/2ohm stable? I'm running two dvc 4ohm subs in parallel which is a 1ohm load right?
stevdart 
Platinum - Posts: 5,816
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 18, 2004 at 8:13 AM / IP Logged  
It's a mono amp,and running at 1 ohm is within the amp specs.  It's just that the amp is not built as a "high current" amp if you were to look into it.  I would not run it at 1 ohm just because it will work with that load, but rather if I wanted to go extreme output at low impedance I would spend three times as much for a different amp.  However, that said,the USacoustics amp is good bang for the buck and performs well for the money spent.  I would just limit the load to 2 ohms on it.  And I would pair it with a subwoofer that is in it's quality range, and there are plenty in a lower class than Eclipse.   I use that amp myself in a smaller version but the system is strictly budget.  An Eclipse driver is deserving of a finer power source.
Build the box so that it performs well in the worst case scenario and, in return, it will reward you at all times.
Lizardking 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 18, 2004 at 9:13 AM / IP Logged  

What do you think of the Diamond Audio 1200.1?  This amp can ran at a 1ohm stable load with 1200watts RMS and Diamond claims that's underrated. Any other amps out there that would be a good choice?

ophidia31 
Copper - Posts: 78
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 18, 2004 at 9:50 AM / IP Logged  
why not just get the da7232 2ch or the da7122 single channel subwoofer amplifier from eclipse. i have the 7122 and it never ceased to amaze me. clean power and sound and its there when you need it to be.
Lizardking 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 18, 2004 at 9:55 AM / IP Logged  
I looked at them both but it there power ratings seemed weak and don't offer a 1ohm stable amp.
Ketel22 
Silver - Posts: 976
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 18, 2004 at 10:40 AM / IP Logged  
the da7232 is 1000w @ 2 ohms x 2  channels. perfect for your situation.....an awesome amp.
Quad L Handyman services
Lizardking 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 18, 2004 at 10:47 AM / IP Logged  
Isn't that max power output? I think it's 850watts RMS at a 2ohm load. That's less then I'm putting to them now and the THD is higher then my USAcoustics amp. I'm just trying to justify a purchase for a different amp before I do.
Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic