icon

Remote Start on a 2004 Hyundai Santa Fe

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Dawedgesta1 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: November 17, 2004 at 7:21 PM / IP Logged  
Can anyone help me out with the wiring for a remote start interfaced to a 2004 Hyundai Santa Fe with factory alarm.  Since there is no disarm wire for the factory alarm how do you interface the starter with the alarm.  Please post wiring or suggestions.
Dawedgesta1
Ty1378 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: November 17, 2004 at 7:55 PM / IP Logged  
When this vehicle is remote started it SHOULD disarm the alarm automatically.
ty1378
extreme1 
Silver - Posts: 1,070
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 17, 2004 at 8:29 PM / IP Logged  
Disarm is through remotes only, I install keyless and tell the customers NEVER EVER use their factory remotes.
Shaughn Murley
Install Manager, Dealer Services
Visions Electronics
Red Deer, Alberta
lspker 
Silver - Posts: 503
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 17, 2004 at 9:29 PM / IP Logged  
Helped another shop "solve" the oem problem.  (dosen't diarm when running, even though its should disarm after 30 sec after acc is active)  We wired in the factory remote to door lock/unlock wires, the owner needs to change the battery once in a while.  Real butcher work.  Anyone know where the factory RKE mod is? and is it wired in to the alarm or part of it?
sroth140 
Silver - Posts: 513
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 17, 2004 at 11:53 PM / IP Logged  
it disarms with ignition, atleast all of the ones i have worked on do that.
directwire lists it as disarms with remote start. so.... yea.
MECP certified installer
Dawedgesta1 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: November 18, 2004 at 6:31 PM / IP Logged  

Reply to my own question!

I was told to use a Omega REC-4LX for the remote starter and wire the stater to operate from the Door power lock motor's Negative (-) pulse.  The starter can then be set up to activate through it's programming feature of " Lock-Lock-Start".  If I wire the starter up and activate it with the alarm armed will the vehicle power up the ignition wires? and let the car run?  The factory r3emote has some sort of starter kill within it's system, can I just wire to the starter side of the starter kill relay?

Does this all make sense?

Dawedgesta1
SoundFX411 
Copper - Posts: 153
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 18, 2004 at 7:46 PM / IP Logged  
I just did an 04 Santa Fe and the install went well. The only problem I have is, when the car is remote started and you open a door the alarm goes off.I'm getting the car back this weekend. If anyone has any ideas, I could use them too.
SoundFX
dfiddy 
Copper - Posts: 162
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 30, 2004 at 10:26 PM / IP Logged  
I just did my first one today. Alarm starter combo with keyless. If i had more time i would have looked for a disarm wire. Question is...when I set the factory alarm off (open a door after arming) and then put the key in the door and unlock it, it disarms the factory alarm. Doesnt this mean that there is a disarm wire in the door somewhere. Someone shed some more light on this please.
DaRacerz 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: November 30, 2004 at 11:01 PM / IP Logged  
Well, from my understanding the Hyundai Santa Fe's didn't go into unlock mode via the Key Cylinder, but this seems to be the contrary.
At ETACS Connector 3 - Pin 5 Left Front door lock/unlock input.
At Etacs Connector 2 - Pins 5 and 6 control Left Front Lock/unlock switch signal
Not sure, but maybe one of those are somehow related to the key cylinder.
You guys may want to check out http://www.hmaservice.com/webtech/default.asp
for more advanced information about the car
dantemc 
Member - Posts: 25
Member spacespace
Posted: December 01, 2004 at 12:14 AM / IP Logged  
the " no factory disarm " from hyundai is a real problem. good news is that as long as you only use the new remotes it can not be set, bad news is that the factory remote, factory key cylinder and factory switch will activate it. these are all things customers do often even though they swear they didnt. i stress using only new remotes, but keeping the factory remote some where in the car, just in case its set off accidentally. not only is there an annoying siren blare, but some hyundais have a factory starter kill, and if the customer gets stranded somewhere, even if its their own fault, you will never hear the end of it. as of now, there really is no way to disarm the factory alarm, we can only prevent it from being set.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic