icon

System on a Tight Budget

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
audiobass10 
Silver - Posts: 328
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 28, 2004 at 5:36 PM / IP Logged  

Have you checked out www.realmofexcursion.com ?...they have a video of the shiva pounding away..take a look at it

Dave
Pioneer Premier DEH-P660
15" Kicker CVR
Profile AP1000M
It's Loud
Ravendarat 
Platinum - Posts: 2,806
Platinum spacespace
Posted: November 28, 2004 at 5:39 PM / IP Logged  
Wow this thread got damn long real quick, the only one I remember seeing longer is one of the audiobahn bashing posts and the one where a gu was fiberglassing the back of his mustang and it looked like a monster took a big bondo sh*t in the trunk. I would ask Stephan about this being he is the resident Adire expert
double-secret reverse-osmosis speaker-cone-induced high-level interference distortion, Its a killer
meef 
Member - Posts: 44
Member spacespace
Posted: November 28, 2004 at 6:13 PM / IP Logged  
so if i was running the shiva, which is 8ohm dvc, i could wire it to be 4 ohms to a mono amp, right? and with the jbl amp (which for now, im convinced is the best bang for the buck amp) that is 600.1 (300w x 1 @ 4ohms, or 600w x 1 @ 2ohms), it would run the 300w x 1 @ 4ohms, right? then if i decided to add another shiva down the road, i could lower the impedance down to 2 ohms? is my math correct on this? im still kinda new to everything, especially the wiring of dvc subs.
Ravendarat 
Platinum spacespace
Posted: November 28, 2004 at 6:19 PM / IP Logged  
you are 100% correct. You get a cookie :)
double-secret reverse-osmosis speaker-cone-induced high-level interference distortion, Its a killer
meef 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 28, 2004 at 6:25 PM / IP Logged  
hm..i think i just decided on my setup then System on a Tight Budget - Page 8 -- posted image.
just gotta read up on boxes. OH. also. what size of wire should i run? im assuming my 8 gauge isnt gonna be enough, especially if i decide to add another sub.
Ravendarat 
Platinum spacespace
Posted: November 28, 2004 at 6:36 PM / IP Logged  
Id use 4 gauge for your set up. That way you have the option of upgrade later on as well, ie mabye an amp for the speakers
meef 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 28, 2004 at 6:49 PM / IP Logged  
anyone know where else i could get the JBL BP-600.1 amp or something comparable from for around the same price? sounddomain is all out *smacks his forhead*
audiobass10 
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 28, 2004 at 7:30 PM / IP Logged  
wow i thought they still 600.1s left..the next cheapest way would be to check ebay i believe.I'll keep a look out for a cheap one.
Dave
Pioneer Premier DEH-P660
15" Kicker CVR
Profile AP1000M
It's Loud
meef 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 28, 2004 at 7:36 PM / IP Logged  
i talked my mom into getting the shiva for xmas, so i now have a bit more to spend on an amp..lol...
audiobass10 
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 28, 2004 at 8:21 PM / IP Logged  

ha..good job..i'll keep a lookout for the JBL.. and also post other good amps for good prices. Roughly how much do you have to work with now?

Dave
Pioneer Premier DEH-P660
15" Kicker CVR
Profile AP1000M
It's Loud
Page of 12

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic