the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

Clarion vrx935vd dvd player, 2005 nissan altima

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jrilla 
Gold - Posts: 1,498
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 19, 2004 at 8:28 AM / IP Logged  
check your owners manual, maybe it mentions something about this. I know for sure that some vehicles have the stereo integrated into the security system so far that other functions of the vehicle wont work if the unit is unplugged. I can't remember which vehicles or where I saw that but I will try to find out. Look in your manual for sure to see what the alarm sections says about the LED flashing while disarmed and solid while armed.
J Rilla
Owner/Installer
mo12v 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 2,748
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 19, 2004 at 9:04 AM / IP Logged  
Did U use a Radio Interface or Hard wire it? Be sure you check and verify all of your connections.  I'm with auex...Put the Factory Radio back in. Take it to the Dealer and have the Codes removed or have them tell you what the problem is. Fix it first   Then use the correct Interface
MO
Don't Learn from Others Mistakes
You Might Be the One That Knows.
joeybenz 
Member - Posts: 24
Member spacespace
Posted: November 19, 2004 at 9:15 AM / IP Logged  
I used the correct radio interface made sure of my connections, I just don't know.  I'm going to put the factory head unit back in and see if that changes anything.  I have an appointment with the dealer on tuesday so I have to get the new radio out and install the factory back.
Joe Bennudriti
Wiseguy 
Copper - Posts: 159
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 19, 2004 at 12:38 PM / IP Logged  

was your stock radio an RDS radio? i know that problems like that occur in some newer gm cars with RDS radios when u take them out...

any info guys?

Clarion DXZ745MP
Kove ZX504
Kove AG1400
Kove 12" T3 Armageddon
Kove 6.5" Compaxials
WILDER 6.5" Pro-Audio Drivers
Custom Pre-amp
ericcossey 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: November 20, 2004 at 1:43 PM / IP Logged  
Hey man..... that sux sorry bout the bad news.. id fix it then send it back to them with the i dunno face...... your forum caught my eye because i am about to put the SAME head unit into mine... i want to know if the audio people are rippin me off, does it need an "antenna adapter"  it doesnt aound right.... but i dunno. I would really like to know how this turns out for you... maybe i can send u some hints later too.. i am going to purchase the modulator so that the steering buttons work with it too... also the playstation, 2 more screns.. tv tuner and gps.... hit me up.... ericmcossey@yahoo.com
2005 altima lover
joeybenz 
Member - Posts: 24
Member spacespace
Posted: November 20, 2004 at 8:31 PM / IP Logged  
I know for certain cars you do need a antenna adapter.  Yeah I'm going to put the new radio in and use the I don't know face.  It's a great head unit.
Joe Bennudriti
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic