icon

People are idiots

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
dxav 
Silver - Posts: 314
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 20, 2004 at 2:46 PM / IP Logged  
Comp doesn't cover theft? I thought it did. If you can prove the equipment was in the car, you should be able to file a claim. Insurance should help out, even if you have a high deductible (~$500), but a few thousand dollars of equipment. But your claim may increase your rates.
Sorry for the loss.
DXAV
xTimx 
Copper - Posts: 354
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 20, 2004 at 3:46 PM / IP Logged  
in sask here. if you have a 700$ deductible. and if you bring in all your receipts from your equipment, (if you dont have them you can go to the store and get them) your system is deducted off your 700$, then you get the remainder. but this is in sask canada. i dunno about the states. :P
xTimx
uthinkuknoaudio 
Silver - Posts: 760
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 20, 2004 at 4:50 PM / IP Logged  
I agree with haemphyst, the ACLU has gone too far. Boy when i was a kid my dad whooped the living crap out of me for bringing home a C in school. If i would have done half the crap these kids do today i would have been dead! Literally! Parents, kick the crap out of your kids and lock them up - if they misbehave that isPeople are idiots - Page 2 -- posted image. It worked on me obviously because i haven't gotten a ticket in my life yet! That is rediculous when your kid does something stupid and you're gonna knock the crap out of him and he says, "I'll call the police" and were just supposed to say "Go to time-out"... Well the only time out i'd give them is the one where i make them unconscious. Good point haemphyst, i 100% agree.
astro88 
Copper - Posts: 195
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 20, 2004 at 6:40 PM / IP Logged  

I once saw a comedian talking of this subject, one boy told the other boy(who had a strict dad)Next time he punishes you threaten to call the police, The dad said"heres the phone, but it will take them at least ten minutes to get here and it will be the most painfull ten minutes of youre life!"

Sorry bout youre loss bro....

customsuburb 
Gold - Posts: 1,813
Gold spacespace
Posted: November 20, 2004 at 7:25 PM / IP Logged  
So basically what you're saying is a kid won't turn out right unless you beat the sh*t out of him? sounds smart to me...
astro88 
Copper - Posts: 195
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 20, 2004 at 7:57 PM / IP Logged  

No not true? I believe that a person is gonna turn out how he or she turrns out.NO MATTER what the rules and punishment for breakin them is.IMO

Ive got two boys and neither one has recieved anything worse than a  minor spanking.

Violence begets violence  (I think)

customsuburb 
Gold - Posts: 1,813
Gold spacespace
Posted: November 20, 2004 at 8:04 PM / IP Logged  
I think its fine to spank kids when they needed to be corected.
Lets try to get back on topic though.
Glowinlow22 
Copper - Posts: 93
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 20, 2004 at 9:52 PM / IP Logged  

i must add my 2 cents, how many of you who are saying beat your kids actually have kids?  if you've ever seen a 2 year old wander thru a house exploring and breaking everything they get ahold of you can see that human nature makes people curious, they want to learn they want to know and understand, but in their small minds the world doesnt make alot of sense so everything becomes something to bang against something else thus causing damage, now how many have spanked their kids? my g/f has a 19 month old who does just that runs around destroying things, you can yell no at that kid all day long, you can put her in time out, you can make her sit in a chair but the min your not looking boom back where she was a min ago, i for one will never beat a child, couple swift smacks to the diaper and she runs off screaming like you tried to kill her, at best shes feeling something but i doubt its remotely painful, as i've seen this kid pinch herself so hard her fingers and the skin shes got ahold of are turning white and all she can do is look at it, this proves that people will be how people were born.

Parents can guide, influence, inspire, but never CHANGE the way a person thinks, i had a buddy that stole everything he could get his hands on, the little a***ole used to go to malls and check door handles, if it was open anything inside was open game to his greedy hands, why did he steal? well it wasnt home life, his grandmother took very good care of him, offered him as much as she could afford and he grew up in a nice area with money, sure he was lower class income but he never went hungry, never saw the ghetto but he insisted on living as white trash and stealing everything around him, another kid i new who was 18 stold sh*t constantly, destroyed everything around him drugs all of it he came from rich parents and grew up in iowa in a very upscale neighborhood.

Bottom line some people are useless wastes of space out to do nothing but destroy other peoples stuff, if you live in a bad area you can expect your stuff to go missing if givin a chance, its how the world works, it aint right but its how it goes, where i live there isnt a whole lot of crime, the streets pretty safe and secure, sh*t i hardly ever even lock my doors nothing has ever went missing, none of my stuff has ever moved and none of my things have ever been so much as finger printed up by someone who i didnt know, but if i ever move i'm sticking a highend compustar system in my car to prevent sticking fingers from getting into my car.

and as far as noisy alarms, i want something so loud it crushes ribs, i'm thinking of wiring my alarm into my subs on a low frequency so that when the alarm goes off the spl inside the car is so loud it almost breaks the glass, that out to stop any theif that gets into my car and thinks hes gonna be slick and rip some stuff out, or you could just remove the door handles and keyholes, that'll slow them down for a few mins, or better yet buy a big dog and a big chain and teach him that mr robbers crotch is his new fav meal :).

J~

Glowinlow22 
Copper - Posts: 93
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 20, 2004 at 9:54 PM / IP Logged  

also, home owners or renters insurance will cover the stuff inside your car in just about every state that i know of, i've known a couple guys that had their car broke into and claimed it on renters and got all their money back and then some.

J~

uthinkuknoaudio 
Silver - Posts: 760
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 20, 2004 at 10:16 PM / IP Logged  

Lets get back on topic, if i had collected for everyone's 2 cents i would be a millinaire by now...

Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic