the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

What components should i get?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
kfr01 
Gold - Posts: 2,121
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 22, 2004 at 7:50 PM / IP Logged  
Larger speakers can generally play lower. (more bass) This makes a smoother transition to the subwoofer possible.
New Project: 2003 Pathfinder
uthinkuknoaudio 
Silver - Posts: 760
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 22, 2004 at 7:54 PM / IP Logged  
Very true, and i guarantee you will like either one of the cadence or focal components. I love mine, and i think they are both great! Focal is a little more, but they still sound around the same, if anything the cadence's are a little louder!!! Really to be honest, cadence is the best bang for the buck! Let us know what you decide! BTW, if your going to go cadence -get the CVL's. If your going to Go focal - get the utopias. Those are their best lines!!!
"I don't play games. I play Nakamichi and that for real yo" - Probably some japanese kid said this in the early 80's trying to sell stereo out of his trunk lol.
AJRXtreme 
Silver - Posts: 302
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 22, 2004 at 8:03 PM / IP Logged  
im probably going with these memphis components. http://www.memphiscaraudio.com/products/details.asp?cat=&id=9&p=2
The thing is about these they have 50 watts RMS. I want around 75.
03 F150 on 24's
HU:Pioneer DVD5700
Frt:MC57
Subs:(12)S12L7
Amps:(3)KX2500.1's, MC-2004
/r7 
Silver - Posts: 340
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 22, 2004 at 8:38 PM / IP Logged  
well you cant call a manufacturer and ask for a more powerful one. your best bet is to look at another brand.
i have phoenix gold Ti Elites, and right now i've not found out how loud they can actually get. but it definitely gets as loud as a garage band playing right infront of you, and they stay clear, thats loud enough for me.
possibley cheaper than the high end Cadence or Focals (not sure), and i would consider them high end in my book.
note: im only pushing 50watts and it gets that loud. set your amp's gain properly, and you should beable to get them very loud (any speaker for that matter)
kfr01 
Gold - Posts: 2,121
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 22, 2004 at 8:40 PM / IP Logged  
As long as you set the gains on the amp properly and implement a high pass crossover (around 80-100hz for a 6.5") driver, you'd be fine pushing with 75 watts.
New Project: 2003 Pathfinder
uthinkuknoaudio 
Silver - Posts: 760
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 22, 2004 at 9:13 PM / IP Logged  
Another great component for SQ is the Nakamichi SP-S6500. They are great sounding 6.5'' Comps. One thing is, they will not give you incredible bass. They are mainly focused on your highs and maintaing a good midbass. They run good power ratings and are incredibly loud and clear. Just have a good subwoofer to bring in your lows. I'll check around and i'll see what comp sets i can find at 75WRMS...
"I don't play games. I play Nakamichi and that for real yo" - Probably some japanese kid said this in the early 80's trying to sell stereo out of his trunk lol.
AJRXtreme 
Silver - Posts: 302
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 22, 2004 at 9:42 PM / IP Logged  
thanks a lot guys
03 F150 on 24's
HU:Pioneer DVD5700
Frt:MC57
Subs:(12)S12L7
Amps:(3)KX2500.1's, MC-2004
Ravendarat 
Platinum - Posts: 2,806
Platinum spacespace
Posted: November 22, 2004 at 10:45 PM / IP Logged  
Hmmmmmmmm, personally I was never all that impressed with cadence. The local Focal Dealer hear had them as a bit of a trial thing and I heard them side by side in the store and I didnt find that they sounded near as good as the focal stuff at any level, but remember sound is subjective to the listner. Dont bother looking at the Utopia line because they are way more than what you wanted to spend. I am sorry but before I start recomending stuff can you clear something up, are you wanting one PAIR of speakers for 250 dollars or 2 pairs of speakers for a total of 250 dollars. Just trying to get the facts sake
double-secret reverse-osmosis speaker-cone-induced high-level interference distortion, Its a killer
thapimpfromchi 
Silver - Posts: 616
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 23, 2004 at 3:01 AM / IP Logged  
i know i'll probably get removed from this site for what im about to say, but, do u really need to go with such high priced equipment? A buddy of mine had the worst equipment, and it sounded absolutely amazing. He has like a 5 year old pioneer premier HU, going to a Jensen 50x4 for interiors. A legacy red series "1600" watt amp going to 2 kickers cvr's. the interiors were: 2 front Pyramid 1" tweeters, depth charge 3" or 3.5" fronts, and stock 4x10" pioneers in the back, with 2 horn tweeters. 1 minute in that car, and all i heard was beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep for the next 2 hours. and it was crystal clear while doing it. Just thought u might wanna know.
1990 Honda Civic HB:
Clarion DXZ545MP H.U.
2- 6.5" Power Acoustik interiors
Diamond Audio 600.1 amp
Diamond Audio 15" M6MKII
Pyramid PB881X 4 CH. Amp
thapimpfromchi 
Silver - Posts: 616
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 23, 2004 at 3:02 AM / IP Logged  
FYI, in no way am i endorsing those brands. As you can see, i buy "relatively" high end stuff. so please dont ban me. lol
1990 Honda Civic HB:
Clarion DXZ545MP H.U.
2- 6.5" Power Acoustik interiors
Diamond Audio 600.1 amp
Diamond Audio 15" M6MKII
Pyramid PB881X 4 CH. Amp
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic