icon

Trunk setup

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
hersheyloc 
Copper - Posts: 86
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 25, 2004 at 10:14 PM / IP Logged  
I'm still not too sure how I should pull the boot over the hinge. Does the boot have a zipper or sumthing? Still not making sense of it..
bomex_eclipse 
Member - Posts: 46
Member spacespace
Posted: November 25, 2004 at 10:14 PM / IP Logged  

This shop opened (ride revoluiton) hey built the worlds second largest aftermarket store/ install shop. they bought the nissan skyline off of the producers of 2Fast2Furious as a shop car they repainted it and have done tons of custom work for speed and show including a fiberglassed sound system they had the same problem that you did so this is where i got the idea and used it because i seen it on the car. It  is hard to see it just look really hard

http://www.riderevolution.com/gallery/8.html 

If you are woundering why the sound system says Motor Mavericks and there business is called ride revolution that is because they had to change there name due to the Ford Maverick.

You can also see the entire web site showing other projects and products http://www.riderevolution.com 

If You Can Imagine It Glass It!
hersheyloc 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 25, 2004 at 10:24 PM / IP Logged  

This is another pic of the basic framing I'll be making of MDF. The red arrows point to the areas that will be exposed. So it's not as easy as strappig a boot on there. I was thinking of placing a rectangular piece of MDF over that area, with the horseshoe idea and bristles. Maybe vinyl over the mdf to give it a clean look. Any other ideas?

http://groups.msn.com/Hersheylocsgroup/car.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=338
bomex_eclipse 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 25, 2004 at 10:25 PM / IP Logged  
hersheyloc 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 25, 2004 at 10:27 PM / IP Logged  

What is that? Are you tryin to sell me something?

bomex_eclipse 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 25, 2004 at 10:32 PM / IP Logged  

[QUOTE=hersheyloc]I'm still not too sure how I should pull the boot over the hinge. Does the boot have a zipper or sumthing? Still not making sense of it.

I was just trying to be helpful and show you a picture of the one that i used on the project that i had done i'm not trying to sell you a thing just trying to help a person out on there install to make it a nice clean looking install.

If You Can Imagine It Glass It!
hersheyloc 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 25, 2004 at 10:45 PM / IP Logged  
Those two links just send me to Parts America, not to the part itself. I think I know what you mean though. Shifter boots are pretty easy to come by.
Clayd6287 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: November 30, 2004 at 9:21 PM / IP Logged  
dude ive done this before. i forgot about my hinges, and then i just went with the fleece and streched it over and then resined it like i normally would. then i went back i took a marker and marked where the hinges hit. then i cut out where they hit. then i recessed it down into the box itself and kinda made it look like the hinge. so the idea is that the hinge fits into a recees that is shaped like the hinge.
help!!!
hersheyloc 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 30, 2004 at 9:42 PM / IP Logged  
Clay, you got any pics? I'd like to see what it looks like. I still like the idea of the mdf horseshoe thing. But if yours looks nice, I could do it your way.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic